3.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

match type campaigns best or worst ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can you guys suggest me based on the below campaign structure, Is this the best approach to get most of the conversion ?

BMM Campaign -> Adgroup(monitor-BMM) -> +website +monitor

Negative keyword for this campaign [website monitor]

Phrase Campaign ->Adgroup(monitor-Phrase)-> "website monitor"

Negative keyword [website monitor]

Exact Campaign ->Adgroup(monitor-Exact)-> [website monitor]

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author balaji j
September 2015

Re: match type campaigns best or worst ?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi balaji,

I personally would never go as far as having an entire Campaign for every match type.  Apart from any other reason, in an Account containing more than a few hundred Keywords it would be simply impractical.

The most common reason for splitting Campaigns by match type is to allow for "discovery" Campaigns, typically using a relatively low budget and broad(er) Keywords in order to find new tighter matches that are profitable, which can then be added to "performance" Campaigns handling the majority of spend.

So, what is your objective here?  Does it require a Campaign level setting or could you achieve the same goal(s) by using multiple Ad Groups within a single Campaign?

As an aside, I must say I'm not a fan of the "negative blocking" technique for match types.  Google has sophisticated algorithms for determining which Keyword should be used as the match when more than one possible exists and forcing the decision normally only leads to increased costs.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
J C
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
J C
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looks good to me, although won't guarantee anything really.

Takes a bit more than a BMM and Exact campaign to get those conversions in ; )

Just make sure you are on top of your SQR's, adding in both exacts and relevant negatives as and when you need.

I use this method, as not keen on Phrase match anymore. It can do the same job as BMM and then once you have ran your queries,  put it in as an exact.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author balaji j
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi balaji,

I personally would never go as far as having an entire Campaign for every match type.  Apart from any other reason, in an Account containing more than a few hundred Keywords it would be simply impractical.

The most common reason for splitting Campaigns by match type is to allow for "discovery" Campaigns, typically using a relatively low budget and broad(er) Keywords in order to find new tighter matches that are profitable, which can then be added to "performance" Campaigns handling the majority of spend.

So, what is your objective here?  Does it require a Campaign level setting or could you achieve the same goal(s) by using multiple Ad Groups within a single Campaign?

As an aside, I must say I'm not a fan of the "negative blocking" technique for match types.  Google has sophisticated algorithms for determining which Keyword should be used as the match when more than one possible exists and forcing the decision normally only leads to increased costs.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

J C
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
J C
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not sure if he means the Campaign at a specific match type, as opposed to an individual campaign per keyword.

If it's the latter, then as Jon has mentioned, this isn't the best way to go about setting up ; )

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply guys (JC & Jon) 

Anyway bit late to compliment, sorry for that Smiley Happy

We have these structure for most of the campaigns(small to big), But these match type campaigns facing CPL & CPC increase. Our intention are to get more conversion on exact campaigns but its not.

Before we used to get more impression through exact term from BMM keyword. But when we separate it to exact keyword its quite opposite, impressions were hard to come by Smiley Happy

As jon said we may reconsider negative ideas for match type campaigns based on the performance.