Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

low search volume keywords affect on campaign performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All

My question is that having if i have a large number of low search volume keywords with searchable keywords in my account then will it affact performance of my campaign/account. if yes than what is the good practice to tackle this situation. Please guide.

Cheers...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: low search volume keywords affect on campaign performance

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Roshan,

As we all know, Low search volume keywords are always not good with search figures . I like to suggest you to filter your keywords to low search volume and look at the QS with each keyword. If the low search volume keyword is having good QS they you may work with them as they will produce some good effects on your campaign performance. But if the keyword is having very low QS then I would suggest to pause them.

Don't go with too many Low search volume keywords. Do testing with other keywords as well.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author roshan m
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Roshan,

My answer would be - Yes, but not to the fullest extent. 

If you have many low search volume keywords in your campaigns, they are more likely to have lower QS. And the kind of QS you have for your existing keywords in the campaigns do affect the QS of new keywords which you would be adding. However, this affect on QS for new keywords would not be permanent and would change as the system accumulates history. 

Having said that I am keen to know as to why you would like to keep so many Low Search Volume keywords?  Is there any specific reason?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Roshan,

If the keywords are of LSV and there is no data as such being accrued in the account, then you have 2 options:-

1. Either wait till those keywords become more searchable and your account starts accruing data and you optimize the account accordingly.

2. Or you can simply pause them and try out other variation of keywords which have high search count and users are searching more frequently.

As such there is no direct impact on the account even if you have those keywords in your account with low search volume. But as the best practices say, you need to fine tune the account on regular basis and clean it up.

Pankaj