1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

low first page bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If a lot of my keywords have a low first page bid does this mean that my keywords are not good or not searched often enough to have much competition?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: low first page bid

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amanda

Its just a estimation which Google gives on the basis of each keyword's Quality Score and competition from other advertisers. The estimate isn't a guarantee as its name suggest.

I have read a blog on PPChero for this, hope you find it useful:-
http://www.ppchero.com/stop-using-googles-first-page-estimates-to-set-your-bids/

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the community. Please go through this community discussion below to know more about your query. This will help you in understanding the topic.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Keywords-below-first-page-bid-Pleas...

I hope this helps.
Kapil M

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

In the following discussion from yesterday,  there is a comprehensive and clear review on the topic, by @Theresa_Zook ; @Cobnut and @AdWiser ;

Recommended.

Below first page bid, but no other ads showing

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
adwords not showing ads if your keywords are below first page bids. and first page bids as suggested by adwords are high. this issue must be fixed. its ruining the confidence of advertisers.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@imranlodhi;
The "first page bid" is based on your campaign performance.

Improve the QS - first page bid will  be lower.

And, as suggested in the link I provided, this is just an estimate. It has a margin of error. So, there could be cases in which your ad could be shown for a lower price than the "first page bid". Consider it as an estimate for the  price range you should bid on.

If you would like to get more accurate data, about  how much real advertisers actually  paid for a given keyword,  use the historical data provided by the keyword planner.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks very much for your reply, the blog you sent me was very helpful Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for your help, it is appreciated Smiley Happy