AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

low budget. which one choose - search or search with display ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"search network" or "search with display network" to choose if i have low budget for  campaign?

Hi adword community expert team members,

I have been in confusion which network type to choose either "search network" or "search with display network" if i have only INR 500 or less budget per day.

Please help. also guide me how can i show my ads on gmail. And what to do if my display network is not working well, how to improve display network performance.

Thanks in Advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: low budget. which one choose - search or search with display ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Nishant,

At first you should focus to your goal. Based on this you can select the desired channel/network. if your objective is Direct response, You can go with Search campaign as well as Display Campaign, But If your Objective is Brand awareness, you can run Display campaigns.

If you are restricted to a small budget, I personally recommend starting with the Search Network. This format is more likely to drive direct conversions, making it easier to measure and justify your PPC efforts.

Thanks,
Kaushik

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello NIshant,

Without knowing your business type, it is quite difficult to suggest you the best network. Here I am suggesting you to read this - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043?hl=en. Have some knowledge on what type of features are available with display network and not in Search.

As i said above also, It depends on your marketing goals and business type, the search network can be used for a very targeted sales approach for example while the display network is ideal for building a brand across a very large reach. If you have specific questions then please ask them. As you mentioned your budget is quite low and if you are looking for conversion I suggest Search.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nishant,

As Kandarp and Kaushik have informed to you that you should go for Search Network if you are looking for conversions. But for more traffic Display is definitely good. But I would need to add a few more things for your reference -

1. Do a heavy research on keywords when you go for search.

2. Add more location based keywords. Example if you are  selling flowers, try using keywords like flowers in delhi, flowers in vasant kunj and other such keywords.

3. Dont target whole of India if you dont service whole of india.

4. Read about negative keywords.

5. Dont add single word or two word keywords like flowers, red flowers. Try to use location + these keywords. You would pay less.

6. Read about match types if you want to see where you can gain more without spending more.

7. Write perfect adcopies along with Adextensions to get maximum returns on your ads.

Use click to calls as much as possible.

Let us know here if you need further help on understanding.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you kaushik. My first goal is conversion but could you guide me that how many keywords should be there in one ad group and what type of keyword match types should be used. I also want to restrict my competitors to see my ads and their clicks.

kindly Guide me kaushik.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have training institute that offer different kinds of IT certification training. At first goal, i want direct conversion. Actually i have low clicks and low impressions. how to improve it? Could you guide me?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Nishant,

Follow the steps Chetan has shared. You can also go through this article - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/AdWords-Keywords-3-Steps-for-Success/ba-p/5049...

Hope that helps,

Thanks,
Kaushik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks to all. I will try this and let's hope for better results.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Nishant k wrote:
Thank you kaushik. My first goal is conversion but could you guide me that how many keywords should be there in one ad group and what type of keyword match types should be used. I also want to restrict my competitors to see my ads and their clicks.

kindly Guide me kaushik.

Nishant,

Dont worry about the number of keywords per adgroup. You are just starting up. Adwords structure works on themes. Remember themes are your thoughts. Training Institute, Java Training Institute, ASP.net Training institute and other such adgroups should be there (I dont whether you run a computer program training institute. Just gave you an example).

You can also make them campaigns and build more adgroups. Dont dump all keywords in one adgroup. Try keeping the structure clean.

Have about 4-7 keywords. Not more than that.

Write relevant adcopies. Try including the keyword in the adcopy. This would increase your adcopy relevancy.

Sell what you sell in your institute. If you dont train on advanced asp, negate out advanced from your

campaigns. Look for relevancy.

Now to stop your competitors from seeing your ads, you might need their IP AddressMan LOL. Then you can exclude them. But it doesnt make sense. Dont worry about competitors.

Use Click To Calls.

Have a nicely built landing page with a form and your contact number in place, this creates a lot of impact.

Setup Conversion tracking so that adwords can track conversions in your account.

I would also suggest you to go for Adwords Express to start with.

Community Help On Adwords Express

Adwords Express

Hope this helps!Man Very Happy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Nishant,

In addition to all great advice you already received above, I would highly recommend you to go with primary keywords since you are low on budget. Adding lot of adgroups and lot of keywords won't actually benefit you. I would like to target in such a situation hightly relevant keywords with tightly themed adgroup, relevant adcopy and strict match type.

Choose some of your top courses to promote with this budget. I am not sure what courses you are promoting but as I have worked on trainings certification courses I had seen CPC's are pretty competitive.

Campaign structure and selection of keywords will play an important role in your situation. Do not forgot to add some negative keywords to avoid irrelevant clicks as you can't afford wasting money on waste clicks.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’