location targeting and placement
Hi Adwords Community,
Got a quick question about location targeting and Placements. If I target a specific location, for example a city and then I manually add custom Placements(International websites related to my niche), will my ads be shown to those people not being targeted by my location settings(since those sites I've added in Placements are international sites)?
The Campaign and ad groups are meant for Display Network.
Re: location targeting and placement
As you have location and placement targeting (intl or not) your ads will show to people in your location targeting while on the placements.
The placement website location doesn't really matter, it's the users you are targeting with location targeting.
I hope this help but let me know if you have any other questions.
Re: location targeting and placement[ Edited ]
October 2013 - last edited October 2013
Welcome to the AdWords Community
Yes, the Ads will appear on the site that you added in your placement. If the users of the Particular targeted city visit the website that you added in your campaigns they will see your Ads, if it wins the auction of the particular page.
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Re: location targeting and placement
"will my ads be shown to those people not being targeted by my location settings" ?
I would say : there is a slim chance that this can happen
1) The default location setting is not perfectly restricted to the physical location ( even in the GDN)
" By default, you'll be able to reach people who are likely to be physically located in your targeted areas, as well as those who show interest in your targeted geographic areas such as by including the name of the location in a search, viewing content about the location, or selecting the location in their Google search settings.."
Also from here : link
- Ads on the Google Display Network may also be targeted using the declared location in customers' Google profiles, but only when they're signed in to their Google account. If the location on a customer's Google profile is different than the location determined from her IP address, the customer is eligible to see ads targeted to both locations."
"When you target a city, we may also show your ad to customers in nearby, closely related cities that normally couldn't be targeted because of low population, insufficient data about the geographic area, or because city-level targeting isn't available. For example, if you target the city of Portland, we may also show your ads to searchers in nearby suburbs of Portland."
2) Language Targeting allows for mixed results : described here link
" Targeting ads to Persian
If you target your ads to Persian only, we'll show your ads to people that are located outside of Iran (based on the location we've detected from their IP address).
If you target your ads to Persian and other languages, and you've included Iran in your location targets, we may show your ads to people located in Iran. "
3) Exception to location targeting : link
" About Google.cn and Google.com.hk
- Users in Hong Kong who search on either google.cn or google.com.hk will see ads targeted to Hong Kong.
- Users outside of Hong Kong who search on either google.cn or google.com.hk will see ads targeted to China. "
An answer to your concern really depends on the country you are targeting. Some have very accurate location targeting, down to the postal level, some have only "country level targeting". It all depends on how the internet providers are organized and willing to share the location data.