1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

location target problems please help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello everyone, if i set location to new york city, keyword as flower store, for example, a customer a California, he search new york city flower store, would that show my ads? or only people who are in new york city can see my ads?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author wesley x
September 2015

Re: location target problems please help

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

If you do not find Advanced Location options, my guess is that you have a "Standard" campaign. It is explained here what features lack from this type of campaign, and Advanced Location options is one of them : link

To use the Advanced Location options, just change the type of campaign to "All features campaign"

It is not advisable in your case to use radius , because you want people from a City to see the Ads.

Please read more about the targeting options from here : link

When you expand the "Compare location target types...." you can see the for the 3rd option "Radius..", the 3rd column "Types of businesses that might not benefit is : A business that only wants to reach specific cities, regions, or countries."

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Wesley X ! Welcome to the Community,

Please read the following article about  Advanced Location Options

Advanced location targeting options allow you to reach:

• People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location (default)
  • People in your targeted location
  • People searching for or viewing pages about your targeted location"

If you want "only people who are in new york city to see your ads" , select the second option because the default option triggers Ads if the search term includes your location name.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks you Adrian, can i use radius replace target location? or i have to point out the location name?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi adrien, on my campaign setting page, i can't find location option(advanced) option
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author wesley x
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

If you do not find Advanced Location options, my guess is that you have a "Standard" campaign. It is explained here what features lack from this type of campaign, and Advanced Location options is one of them : link

To use the Advanced Location options, just change the type of campaign to "All features campaign"

It is not advisable in your case to use radius , because you want people from a City to see the Ads.

Please read more about the targeting options from here : link

When you expand the "Compare location target types...." you can see the for the 3rd option "Radius..", the 3rd column "Types of businesses that might not benefit is : A business that only wants to reach specific cities, regions, or countries."