AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

location target problems please help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello everyone, if i set location to new york city, keyword as flower store, for example, a customer a California, he search new york city flower store, would that show my ads? or only people who are in new york city can see my ads?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author wesley x
September 2015

Re: location target problems please help

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

If you do not find Advanced Location options, my guess is that you have a "Standard" campaign. It is explained here what features lack from this type of campaign, and Advanced Location options is one of them : link

To use the Advanced Location options, just change the type of campaign to "All features campaign"

It is not advisable in your case to use radius , because you want people from a City to see the Ads.

Please read more about the targeting options from here : link

When you expand the "Compare location target types...." you can see the for the 3rd option "Radius..", the 3rd column "Types of businesses that might not benefit is : A business that only wants to reach specific cities, regions, or countries."

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Wesley X ! Welcome to the Community,

Please read the following article about  Advanced Location Options

Advanced location targeting options allow you to reach:

• People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location (default)
  • People in your targeted location
  • People searching for or viewing pages about your targeted location"

If you want "only people who are in new york city to see your ads" , select the second option because the default option triggers Ads if the search term includes your location name.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks you Adrian, can i use radius replace target location? or i have to point out the location name?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi adrien, on my campaign setting page, i can't find location option(advanced) option
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author wesley x
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

If you do not find Advanced Location options, my guess is that you have a "Standard" campaign. It is explained here what features lack from this type of campaign, and Advanced Location options is one of them : link

To use the Advanced Location options, just change the type of campaign to "All features campaign"

It is not advisable in your case to use radius , because you want people from a City to see the Ads.

Please read more about the targeting options from here : link

When you expand the "Compare location target types...." you can see the for the 3rd option "Radius..", the 3rd column "Types of businesses that might not benefit is : A business that only wants to reach specific cities, regions, or countries."