1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

location based ads scheduler

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My campaign is setup to run between business hour in whole country and there is no any specified or restricted location . Is it possible to schedule my ads according to city or town . Can i schedule ads  between 9:30 Am - 1 :00 PM to show in any specific town and then for other time it should show in some other city as specified in settings ? 

Is it possible to show different ads copy to different town or city based on above location based schedule ?

Can i bid on same keyword under one adwords in different campaign account if both of advertising website is of different domain ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geek D
1w

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Both geo targeting and scheduling are handled at campaign level, so you would have to set up a campaign for each town you wanted to target in this way.

If you want to get more technical you might want to take a look at this link: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/geotargeting  although this may be overkill ;-)

At a broader level you might be able to use dynamic keyword insertion to handle the copy changes for different towns - but you would have to include these town names in the keywords - something the searcher might not always do - it would be easier to have a campaign targeting Chicago, for example, and have Chicago in the ad copy for ads in that campaign.

Re: location based ads scheduler

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Including city or town name is better way for closed targeting. As you suggested different camp for towns or city, is it safe? As i will be promoting same domain on same keyword under one account for different towns? Doesn't it fall under double serving policy?

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Provided you are not running two accounts there is no double serving problem - Google will only serve one ad from the account - whichever is the best option given the search term and the ad rank...