2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

local firm - Geographical Restriction on Remarkeing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Interested in thoughts on limiting Remarketing Campaign for a local bricks and mortar (with local targeting) to the primary geography in the search/display campaign from which they were originally found. 

If the objective is re-targeting to visitors who previously visited your site, then why would we limit the remarketing audience geographically at all?

As an example, if a Dallas user is visiting the parents over turkey day in Oklahoma City or Amarillo or even Chicago and as part of their stay, the user gets on the Internet to look at news or their Google plus, or searches for black Friday/cyber monday deals - to me it makes sense to show them remarketing ads.  

We know the remarketing audience largely & originally visited the site owing to an ad, while surfing within geographical constraints of a search or display campaign.  Given that, it seems to make little sense to restrict remarketing to that same geography.   

I understand the subset of remarketing users in question is tiny

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author doug s
September 2015

Re: local firm - Geographical Restriction on Remarkeing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Doug,

Welcome to the community!

There is no need to restrict your remarketing campaign to a limited geography.

Google actually recommends - Remove targeting restrictions (for example, country and language) for remarketing campaigns.

Read under 'Tips for driving reach and performance'

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691

Deepak