Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

list of codes which i can use during creating a adword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have been using adwords since a while. I have come across that we can use codes during designing a adword. for example using this: {keyword; are now for free}  ; will enter the keyword which user types in and shows our ads. for instance if a user searchers tshirts then by using this above code in our title we can get our adwords showing ''tshirts are now for free'' 

Can you please share other codes if you know . or guide me to the place where we can find them, or help me with the correct keywords .. any kind of help will be appreciated. thank you 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kg a
September 2015

Re: list of codes which i can use during creating a adword

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi kg, as far as tips go...  I guess my top one concerning DKI would be that it can be used anywhere in an Ad.  A lot of advertisers (myself included) tend to just use DKI for the headline but there's no reason why it can't be used on the description lines or the Display URL.  If you do have short Keywords you could, for example, insert just that one or two words in a description line to make the Ad more relevant.  So if you had Keywords of "Tshirts" and "Shirts" in the same Group, you could have an Ad with the Headline:

Quality Mens Clothing

Great Value Cotton {KeyWordSmiley Frustratedhirts}

and the Ad would automatically switch Description line 1 between "Great Value Cotton Shirts" and "Great Value Cotton TShirts" depending upon the Keyword matched.  Of course, in practice I wouldn't suggest having tshirts and shirts in the same Group but it's the principle that's important.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Kg a

This is keyword insertion.
Read more about this here:
http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en
** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HEY, thank you for the keyword.

Do you happen to know any other such Tip's/codes/things?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi kg a, I do need to correct your understanding of how Dynamic Keyword Insertion works...

Dynamic Keyword Insertion (DKI) inserts the Keyword into Ad Copy, not the search term.  So, if you had the Keyword "tshirts" in your AdWords Campaign and I searched for "buy tshirts online", it is only the Keyword tshirts that would be inserted into the Ad, not "buy tshirts online".

Secondly, the text that comes after the {Keyword: bit is not in addition to the Keyword but is the default text that would be used if the Keyword matching is too long for the position in the Ad.

So, for example, let's say the first two lines of your DKI Ad are:

{KeyWord:Buy T-shirts Online}

Quality Material, Great Designs

If your Keyword in AdWords was "tshirts" and I searched for "high quality tshirts" the Ad I'd see would be:

Tshirts

not

High Quality Tshirts

because it is the Keyword that's inserted, not the search term.

This is why DKI is typically only useful where the Keywords in the Ad Group are Phrase or Exact Match and make some form of sense when used in their position in the Ad.  If you want to use DKI you'd be better using Keywords like "buy tshirts online" or "quality tshirts online", etc.

Does this help?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hey Jon,
thank you for explaining how DKI works, i did have a basic understanding about it before but you made it much more clear.

so are their any other such tricks which can be used in different scenario's?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kg a
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi kg, as far as tips go...  I guess my top one concerning DKI would be that it can be used anywhere in an Ad.  A lot of advertisers (myself included) tend to just use DKI for the headline but there's no reason why it can't be used on the description lines or the Display URL.  If you do have short Keywords you could, for example, insert just that one or two words in a description line to make the Ad more relevant.  So if you had Keywords of "Tshirts" and "Shirts" in the same Group, you could have an Ad with the Headline:

Quality Mens Clothing

Great Value Cotton {KeyWordSmiley Frustratedhirts}

and the Ad would automatically switch Description line 1 between "Great Value Cotton Shirts" and "Great Value Cotton TShirts" depending upon the Keyword matched.  Of course, in practice I wouldn't suggest having tshirts and shirts in the same Group but it's the principle that's important.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow , beautiful explanation about DKI, It is very helpful . Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Joh,