AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

language targeting

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I know Google does not translate ads. Now, I have a client who has an English Website. He wanted to target Middle East Countries with Arabic Ads with English Website Version.

The issue here is that he is not willing or thinking to have landing pages in Arabic and/or the website in Arabic for the time being. For my side, I can set up the campaign with Arabic Ads. What about Display URL and Destination URL?

Is it going to work? Am I going to be successful in running the campaign?

Any a workaround for like this case? Any suggestions please? 

Looking for your input ASAP.

Regards,

Omar

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: language targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Omar,

Think about the user experience who after clicking your Arabic version ad wants to see the website content in Arabic language as well. My point here is that you should try and convince your client to have the website in multi-language. It's all about the relevancy and better customer experience.

In other case if you still want to run the Arabic ads, you should be pointing it to the respective display and destination URLs as you are doing for English text ads.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Re: language targeting

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Omar B;

If your landing page in in English your best approach would be to target users who speak English, but prefer a browser UI in Arabic.

So set a campaign (keywords and Ad-copy) in English, and target Arabic and English as languages.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’