Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi members,

I have a Campaign with 4 AdGroups ( because of 4 Geo targeted areas), but my keywords repeat each other by AdGroup. Does it affect performance of ads ?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rauf NG
September 2015

Re: keywords

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rauf NG,

Can you make your question more clear. Because you can not set location at ad group level. As you have said, there is only one campaign, so you must have selected all those 4 areas at campaign level. In this case keeping different ad group with same keywords & match type will be considered duplicates by Adwords and Your ads will cross trigger from all 4 ad groups for the same keyword. That will definitely lead to a bad quality score.

You should create 4 different campaigns for 4 areas, or simply keep 1 ad group and within settings tab use radius targeting to serve you ad in those particular area.

Thanks.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rauf,

As Rohit mentioned, you have created duplicated keywords, which will indeed be a bad thing for your ads performance.

I would just disagree with this:

Rohit K wrote:

That will definitely lead to a bad quality score.

as the main factors to calculate a Quality Score aren't related to this issue.

Diogo

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rauf NG
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Rouf,

I think we have already explain your query here:-
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Geo-Targeting/m-p/299501#M34138
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’