1.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keywords position tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, i know the Keyword Planner tool on AdWords but i need a different tool. i need a tool that i can imput the keywords and the tool to show the position. 

is there anything like that from google tools?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: keywords position tool

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Martha,

There is no tool for that. Ad position is calculated by Ad rank and Ad rank is calculated by bid amount, components of quality score, impact of extensions etc..

So you cannot say keyword1 will always show ads on the first position and keyword2 always on second. That's not how it works.

More about ad rank here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en

Alex

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to what Alex said, I would like to add that when you use the Keyword Planner tool to find out the keywords meant for your website and start implementing them in your account, you get Bid estimates like First page bid estimates and Estimated Top page bid. You need to customize the columns and add those metrics to see those estimates.  Based on those approximations you can tweak the bidding of your keywords and try to further optimize your account so that they might rank higher. More details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742

Of course the key is Ad Rank as Alex said and it is dynamically calculated based on the other ad auctions happening during that time.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Martha,

Have you use "get traffic forecast" option in Keyword planner tool, put all keywords there, for which you want to see the avg position and assign bid and daily budget, you can see the avg position at keywords level.

Hope it will help you

Sudhanshu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
it's not what im looking for, but thanx for the responde.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you for responding