2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keywords have been flagged as below first page bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a campaign that's been running for months, however, recently, some of my keywords have been identified as below first page bid, and many of them, as an example, have a high quality score (7+), high CTR (6.5%), 100% search impression share.  

Is there a reason for this, other than Google wanting to fatten their pockets?

For example, I have one keyword flagged as below first page bid, with a first page estimate of $6.25 - up from $2.00.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Trevor B
September 2015

Re: keywords have been flagged as below first page bid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Trevor B,

A QS of 7+ is good, but not necessarily better than your competition. Same goes for the CTR. With 100% search impression share, it seems your ads are likely showing on the first page.

The "first page bid" is an estimate and not always correct. You can look at the bid simulator for those keywords to see how much more traffic you might get by increasing your bid.

Have you used the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool to see where your ad actually shows up for that keyword? Do other advertisers appear for the same keyword? How does your ad position compare to those?

If you are happy with the performance of the keyword(s), you don't need to increase your bids. I don't take action on every recommendation from Google or AdWords. I view them more as suggestions than recommendations.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: keywords have been flagged as below first page bid

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Trevor B,

Have no worries, the first page bid estimate is only about the exact match variation of your keyword.

If your keyword is phrase or BMM, you will most likely get clicks even if you bid below the first page bid.

See this discussion :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Est-First-page-bid-when-a-search-query-ex...