Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keywords are competing with each other

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All, 

I am running Adword account from past three years, but recently i got a problem related to keywords.

I am using the keywords with different match types in one specific campaign and now google is saying that my keywords are competing with each other .

Can anyone help me out and describe me the best way to choose keywords for my campaign.

Thanks ahead for the advice!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: keywords are competing with each other

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I think you should refer to this article by @David_Precisera , its exactly about the issue which you have described

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Just place negative keywords in the competing campaign.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
As Kim mentions, add negative keywords.

I'd like to add something to that effect, which is to say add "relevant" negative keywords to your competing keywords. Putting them in different ad groups (or some-such) will allow you to add different keywords for exact, phrase and broad match keywords. That means you can tailor the traffic to each ad group, and thus stop most of the cross-matching.

The other issue is that in a situation like yours, Google will only show the most effective keyword - that is to say the one **they'll make the most money on**. Just make sure it's the one **you're** also making the most money on!!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sir I think u are using same keywords in different adgroups .....Try different keywords in different adgroups....