AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keywords - We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I created my first ad and it is not appearing under any search results. When I check my keyword status, i get this message (same msg for all my keywords): "We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads." and all of my keywords say "no" to the question "Showing ads right now?" 

Quality score is 3/10 for most of my keywords. I have a few that are 4/10 and one that is 5/10, but none of them are "showing ads right now."

My question is, I cant diagnose why my ad is not showing, because I just keep getting this generic message: "We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads."  Can anyone shed some light on two things: 1) how do I get my ad to start showing up? and 2) what does this generic phrase mean?   I dont know how to improve my quality score because my keywords are popular searches.   Thanks for your help!!
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: keywords - We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Your ads will only show once they are - Approved.

Find more information about ad approval in the link below.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704380

More information about quality score

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454010

Hope this helps,

Info

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Which type of ads are you using in your adgroup- text, image, PLA.... You can try few things like - increase bids, check your negative keywords list, campaign setting etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
More information about quality score

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454010

Hope this helps,

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi coffeespazz,

The message indicates you are running image ads on the Display Network. The system is not able to diagnose ads placed on the DN.

Keywords work in the DN to help targeting. You should see numbers for impressions regardless of the message. Display ads generally take up more than one ad unit--the amount of space allotted for a text ad. Quite often, your bids for image ads need to take this into account. Usually, with image ads in a DN campaign, you will want to provide a number of different size ads as not all web sites will accept all formats. And not all web sites accept image ads. I will usually either include one text ad in the ad group or create a second ad group in the campaign for text ads only.

Hope this helps!

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I also get this when trying to run an image search campaign with an image search ad :-/

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here