Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keyword

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

i have keyword "Red Carpet" in adgroup. i am getting searches for keyword :  red carpets

is it advisable to put this keyword into my list, or should i ignore it , because as google take care of : Include plurals, misspellings, and other close variants.

I am on Linkedin

Re: keyword

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jeewan G,

Welcome to the community.

No it's not necessary to add this keywords if you have the default setting "include Plurals,misspelling & other close variants ".

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

By default search campaigns have "close variants" enabled so the plural of one word will be matched. However I like to keep both versions separate as they are two keywords and usually the plurals are profitable and singulars are not so you could save money by pausing the singular version keyword later after testing, and adding the singular as negative keyword.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Adrian

But how this testing can be done . Suppose i get 20 searches by word servo stabilizer and 4 searches by servo stabilizers, then what will be the conclusion.

I am On Linkedin

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Drawing a conclusion can't be done after 20 searches. It is too little data .

First I would wait to see at least 100 clicks or more for each of the plural/singular or at least the number of clicks that bring 20 conversions for a keyword.

Then I would choose if the plural variant is more profitable or if they are both the same.

To decide if the plural or singular of a keyword is better, use the custom column values for Cost / Conv. 1 per click or Cost / Conv many-per-click or if you have defined each conversion with a different value, just at Conv value / Cost.

important-conv-value-per-cost.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jeewan,
if you r confused which to choose between "servo stabilizer" & "servo stabilizers". Just add both keywords in exact match in adgroup there is no harm in doing this. See the performance for time being and decide by yourself what to do.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Jeewan, please remember that you're split testing to find the most profitable traffic - which may be the search that's actually less used.

If you get me!

So look beyond adwords, work out what adwords is doing for your business. Then those people who are buying, ask them what they think, why they need what you sell (you can do this with your usual customers too!) The point is to make sure that these people SEE your advertisement and are encouraged to click it because it's the answer to their pressing needs.

That's when traffic refinements really turn profits.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Friends for giving me your valuable feedback.  i will keep both the keywords into my account , then draw the anlysis

I am on Linked