6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keyword planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am working on a project need to project the number of monthly searches for key conversional keywords for a flower website in Spain. When using Keyword Planner > Get traffics estimates for a list of keywords I see the average monthly searches, are those for people not log-in with a Gmail/Google account?

Further to this question, and hopefully one that someone can assist me with, if I search for the keyword "send flowers to Spain" from the US and "send flowers to Spain" from the UK will I get different organic suggestions from Google?

Any assistance will be much appreciated. 

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: keyword planner

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Bruna,

Thank you for your posting. In regards to your Adwords questions:

1. ...When using Keyword Planner > Get traffics estimates for a list of keywords I see the average monthly searches, are those for people not log-in with a Gmail/Google account?

Answer } The searches are an average of all users who search for those keywords on Google's SERP which does includes users who have a Gmail/Google account.

2. ...if I search for the keyword "send flowers to Spain" from the US and "send flowers to Spain" from the UK will I get different organic suggestions from Google?

Answer } Generally speaking, yes. However, please keep in mind that there is a difference between an organic search using Google's search engine versus a PPC search using Adwords. In the case of a paid search, Adwords will use geo-targeting based upon the Advertiser's setup as well as the searcher's own webpage setup (languaging, IP address, location, etc). 

If I may make a suggestion, you may want to address your questions on the Google Webmaster community forum as these appear to be more web statistical questions versus specific Adwords questions. You can reach them at this link: http://www.google.com/webmasters/

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Just to underline a point in JP's answer: The data using the "keyword planner" is based on paid traffic (i.e. PPC).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much! I am sorry I am using this forum… will address other questions at google.com/webmasters. Since you two have been kind enough to me just one last thing to make sure I understood this right.
Are the average monthly searches I am getting from Keyword Planner the number of people actually searching for a certain keyword? Independent on the number of people clicking on paid traffic?
Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much !!!!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
  • Average monthly searches ("Avg. monthly searches"): The average number of times people have searched for the exact keyword based on the location and Search Network targeting that you've selected. We average the number of searches for the term over a 12-month period.

This article explains it all

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’