AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keyword planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I'm a bit confused on this. While studying I found this -

• For keywords that aren't profitable (such as having a low conversion rate and high costs), you might try decreasing their bids to lower your costs. A lower bid is likely to decrease the keyword's average position, the number of impressions and clicks it receives, and as a result, the cost it incurs. Not only can this strategy improve your ROI on low-performing keywords, but in some cases, it can also free up part of your budget so you can invest in more valuable keywords.
  • My question is if the keywords are not performing well, why would I decrease my bid for that not performing keyword. it's better to remove that keyword, don't you think.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manjit P
April 2017

keyword planner

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Manjit P

Well.. If any keyword is not performing,  then its better to pause that one and include some other keywords which you think that perform well. 

Remember one thing,  its all about testing and optimization to better the campaign. 

Hope you understand my point. 

Thanks, 

Aslam 

View solution in original post

keyword planner

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Manjit P ,

I understand your doubt, Just mind if those Keywords are important for your business or not, If not than Removing the keyword and use that cost to get more conversions from performing keywords will be a best practice.

I hope this is useful Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manjit P
April 2017

keyword planner

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Manjit P

Well.. If any keyword is not performing,  then its better to pause that one and include some other keywords which you think that perform well. 

Remember one thing,  its all about testing and optimization to better the campaign. 

Hope you understand my point. 

Thanks, 

Aslam