Guide Me
star_border

keyword planner: traffic estimates

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

just upload  2 of my campaigns to get traffic idea and got this picture

before that time i was asking how to increase impressions and spend 1000$ a day please have a look here

based on this traffic estimation image & 

1) Adwords Account (with $1000 balance)

2 )Campaigns daily budget 500$  (10 Campaigns total, all campaign contain same keywords but differentlocal targeting location. Manual ppc.) 

3) Adgroups (each campaign contains 300 adgroups)

4)Keywords (Each adgroup contain 3 same keywords with different match type- broad , phrase, and exact )

4.1)Broad - 4$, phrase 5$ exact 7$

5) Ads 3-4 ads for each adgroup (keyword header or keyword insertion {Keyword:}

6)all ads -  average or above average

6) negative keywords campaign level and adgroup level

7)bid adjustment just mobile -80%

daily impressions total 100- 150

daily clicks total 3-5

cost per clics total  10-20$

how i understand I need add more high volume keywords????

please give me advice

keywords.png

planner.png

Re: keyword planner: traffic estimates

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Alex P,

Google Traffice Estimater shows the daily Eastimate in this section you  may found the rough idea about Click, Impression and Avg Position if your click and impression target if match with Estimate section in that case you dont need to add more high volume keywords else you may add. :-)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
With an ad spend of $1000 you will have a substantial audience.

To be honest, you don't need a bigger audience - that is to say, more keywords. After all, with 300 ad groups, you've got enough on your hands as it is!

I want to propose something from a different point of view. What if given the size of your audience, rather than getting more clicks by widening your audience, you got more clicks by taming it instead?

With standard methods, 150 impressions will give you around 5 clicks with a well oiled campaign. That's a 3% CTR. That's good by most standards. What if you were able to boost that to 4%? That would mean 7 clicks (give or take). More to the point, Google likes clicks and will reward you for getting them - you'll pay as much for your 7 clicks as you did for your previous 5 (give or take a little, of course).

You've upped your conversions by 30% (seven instead of five) and it's costing you the same amount of money. That sounds like a better deal than more keywords that'll cost you yet more money. Getting your head around this concept is the hard bit, but believe me, it's worth the brain strain.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Alex P,

You are basically saying that you have uploaded in the Keyword planner : 2 campaigns x 300 ad groups x 3 keywords ( 1 per ad group in 3 match types) so 1800 keywords.

Did you do this upload in the review estimates window, like these steps below  ?

where-to-upload-match-types.png

After you have pasted here all your 1800 keywords, click on the header of the table to arrange the rows descending by clicks for example , to make the values of 0 go at the end of the table and to bring high traffic keywords forward.

Then verify if all keywords were uploaded by checking the bottom right of the table , for one of my campaigns it looks like this :

see-how-many-keywords-are-estimated.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I Export campaigns from Editor (CSV ) and after upload that file in keyword planner/get traffic estimates for a list of keywords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The planner is not reporting the reality for all match types because it uses the same bid for all keywords to estimate. For example take the keyword with the highest traffic that you have until now and enter it in a simple broad match , you will see some numbers, when you add also the phrase match, suddenly the estimates for the simple broad change close to zero.

Also if you add both simple broad and BMM they cancel each others estimates ( I think it is a bug), they both become zero, but if you keep only the simple broad or only the bmm variant, you get to see high volume traffic, that is if you haven't added the phrase match too.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have got 996 negative keywords in my campaign , and when i paste it in keyword planner
it shows me There was a problem retrieving ideas, please try again.
how much usual you guys have negative keywords for one campaign.

I know different campaign different numbers but in average

how many keywords adwords folks have in their campaigns?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Usually I go through the first ten pages of Google for my main keyword. Then synonyms, you name it - anything that comes to mind that isn't my intention. Usually it's around 100 - and then I add generic ones, numerical ones (if needed). I've never had as many as 900, but it seems I haven't tried as hard as you have!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I pick up weekly from the search terms report around 10-20% of the traffic as having a negative keyword that can be added like a single word or 2 words in a phrase match. This is because on a set of a few thousand keywords I also have many BMM ones targeting small areas like cities.

Because negative keywords do not match "close variants" I add the plurals and the singulars too ( as explained here : link

"Add your negative keywords, one per line. There's no need to include a negative sign (-) before each keyword. If you add broad-matched negative keywords, you'll need to add their plural versions, such as "wines"."

I think the negative keyword list in the keyword planner supports only up to 50 keywords.