Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keyword planner accuracy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'm trying to make an estimate of the monthly search volume on a given keywords in USA, however the numbers seem to be way too low.

An example:

In a country of 321 Million people where 81% got internet, how can there only be 60,500 monthly searches for flight tickets?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: keyword planner accuracy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dennis,

Bear in mind that's only one search term. If we had a quick brainstorm then I reckon we could come up with a great deal more and the estimates would add up to a more significant number.

Although it does still seem low now I think about it...

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Remember that in our days most users will use a longer search query and will not limit to a query of 2 words. E.g flights from JFK to SAN on a Monday morning is a much common query nowadays and the "early days" 2-3 words in  a search  query. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dennis N,

More closely focused on your concept of keyword research, According to Google Monthly search volume is Average monthly searches which have been exactly used for keywords searching by user of targeted location and Search Network in the Google. This data is based on exact keyword searching on the location and Search Network targeting that you've selected.

For More Info go through this link  - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575?hl=en

Hope this will help you,