AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keyword insertion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wan I'm using {keyword} insertion in my ad sometimes I see the default and not the keyword that triggered the ad (even when there is no length problem). What can prevent the keyword from appearing in my ad?

For example:

Ad: {keyword: Flower shops} UK

Search query: cheep flower shop

Keyword triggered: cheep flower shop

Ad appearing: Flower shops UK

1 Expert replyverified_user

Hello.   Are you sure it's the default text and not anoth...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

Are you sure it's the default text and not another keyword? Do you, by any chance, have Flower shops as keyword as well?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

I can see what keyword triggerd the ad because I enterd t...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can see what keyword triggerd the ad because I enterd tags in the keyword dest URL

There's a guideline regarding DKI which says   When a key...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

There's a guideline regarding DKI which says

When a keyword appears in an ad, the ad should reflect correct grammar and punctuation. It should also be accurate, clear, and directly relevant to your site, service, or product.

Can you try the same with "cheap" instead of "cheep"? Cheep is incorrect. Maybe this is the issue.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Actually it was just an example. I have lots of cases lik...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually it was just an example. I have lots of cases like this. Is there a certain QS the keyword has to have to appear instead of the default?

That was my next question. Indeed, a low QS keyword might...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

That was my next question. Indeed, a low QS keyword might be left out when it comes to showing in an ad (I remember reading somewhere, can't tell exactly where).

Is there a difference, in your account, between high QS keywords and low QS keywords? Do only high QS ones show up in the ad?

Yes, This is what I thought. I do see a difference depend...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes,

This is what I thought. I do see a difference depending on the Q.S but I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Do you know what is the minimum QS to appear? Because with QS 6 the keyword doesn’t appear.

No, I have no idea what the minimum is, but my guess is t...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

No, I have no idea what the minimum is, but my guess is that it is tied to the necessary ad rank to show for that search (which depends on bid and quality score).

You probably need to raise that keyword's quality score by pairing it with a relevant static ad before you can use it in a DKI ad.

Alternately, since it is 6, which suggests "not bad" or something similar, you may try raising your bid for that keyword and then retry.