Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

keyword ad position by geographic location

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

Is it possible to know the one keywords position in a campaign by geographic location? Because one of my exact match keyword avg position is showing 1.6 but when I search in ad words preview tool it always showing at 3rd Place. What I am suspecting is in some counties my ad is showing at 1st place and some counties its showing 2nd & 3rd place. Hence I want to know the exact position by geo location. (I am targeting my campaign in Texas state and search network only).

Thanks,

Satya

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author satyasem
September 2015

Re: keyword ad position by geographic location

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

To my recollection Geo report is only available at the ad-group level;

[edited] for typo "ad-group" level

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Just to add to what @MosheTLV has suggested. Although you cant get this data in adwords you can get it in analytics.

• You cant get clicks/impressions for kw, city & ad position but you can get visits which should atleast give you some idea
  • you cant get this in analytics interface 
  • To achive this you will need to use Magic Script
  • After installing Magic script you can use configuration of report as per this spreadsheet which i have created to suit your requirements. 

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi satyasem, further to the advice you've already received, I would strongly recommend that you split your Campaigns by region, where those regions are large enough for this to make sense.  Splitting by region makes it much easier to examine Keyword level performance and to respond appropriately within AdWords.  

At the very least, you could consider targeting by individual regions within a large area (rather than targeting the whole country).  This will allow you to see by region data within AdWords and bid accordingly.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
The Geo report should show your campaign performance by region, including average (ad) position;
Read more:
Measuring geographic performance;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453994?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Another point to remember  (which I forgot to mention) is that the ad-preview is NOT a statistical tool. It only helps to see if an ad is shown and functioning in a given random auction,

No matter how many times you run the tool, you never be able to  collect as much data for statistical analysis as Google's systems.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Moshe,

Thanks for your help. Yes we can know campaign performance by region, including average (ad) position by geo report. But I want to know one single specific keyword in a campaign.

Thanks,
Satya
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

To my recollection Geo report is only available at the ad-group level;

[edited] for typo "ad-group" level

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Just to add to what @MosheTLV has suggested. Although you cant get this data in adwords you can get it in analytics.

• You cant get clicks/impressions for kw, city & ad position but you can get visits which should atleast give you some idea
  • you cant get this in analytics interface 
  • To achive this you will need to use Magic Script
  • After installing Magic script you can use configuration of report as per this spreadsheet which i have created to suit your requirements. 

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi satyasem, further to the advice you've already received, I would strongly recommend that you split your Campaigns by region, where those regions are large enough for this to make sense.  Splitting by region makes it much easier to examine Keyword level performance and to respond appropriately within AdWords.  

At the very least, you could consider targeting by individual regions within a large area (rather than targeting the whole country).  This will allow you to see by region data within AdWords and bid accordingly.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Neat suggestions  to "workout" a solution by Nik ( @theniks ) and Jon ( @Jon_Gritton )

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for all your valuable suggestions.