Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

key words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi every one 

Only just found adwords community and would like some advice on keywords etc. I have lots of keywords through my campaigns, reading through the discussions on keywords, I would like some help with ( " "  +  [  ] )  Are these symbols you would put before each key work within you campaigns?

Regards

Angie   (total beginner)

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: key words

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Angie,

Hope all is well!

The symbols stand for match types and you can find all you need to know about match type here - http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6100&topic=16389&ctx=topic

The Google Adwords Help Center is like the "Mecca" for AdWords beginners and even sometimes AdWords experts.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Luke

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Angie,

you can see examples of the keyword matching options in this articles:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6100

Good Luck,

Asaf

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Angie,

Here is a great article with a break down of all keyword match types;

http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Keyword-Match-Types-for-Search-Campaigns/ta...

Give this a read through along with the other articles posted and you should have a better understanding of the kind of keywords you would like to use.

If you would like any help feel free to friend and contact me and I'll be more than happy to lend a helping hand!

Thanks,

Liam

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Angie,

If you're a beginner looking for the best way to train up then you may also want to use the following sources. I would first recommend that you check out the AdWords Help Centre, you can also view a few AdWords How To Videos on YouTube and also check out different articles in the AdWords Wiki found within this community. They help keep you up-to-date with all that is going on in the AdWords industry. As well as these I would recommend regularly checking the official Google AdWords blog ("Inside AdWords").

If you're starting from scratch I would recommend visiting the Google AdWords Certification Program help page. You can select topics down the right hand side and it will give you all the information you need to know about Google AdWords. This is also the material that you are tested on should you choose to sit your Google AdWords exams. This would be a great starting point, then I would recommend pro-actively checking all the other source on at least a weekly basis.

Hope this helps! Add me and we can chat if you have anymore questions :manhappy:

Cheers,

Luke

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello,

Along with the useful links given above. You can go through Adwords wiki articles written by PPCBossman.

http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Keyword-Match-Types-for-Search-Campaigns/ta...

Thanks,
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Angie,

Wow...what a great set of responses you have received here...quite impressive Community we have here, yet I would still like to add in a couple suggestions.

This thread has some really great info, some of which has already been shared but worth a read regardless.

Also, if you're a video watcher, the Learn with Google site is a great beginner resource.

Note for the other responders, thanks for posting my Wiki, much appreciated and good to see that it's useful.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Total beginner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone

I would just like to thank you all for your prompt replies, I have checked out you tube videos, s.e.o sights, been all over google adwords, forums, bloggs etc, so have been doing a lot of research it's just a bit confusing with all the information, I couldn't even get back here at one point.Smiley Surprised

regards

Angie

I

Re: Total beginner

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi angie,

I would take things slow with all the information. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the perfect account. Try to make notes on important sections of the articles and compile your own lists and view of what you think will work. By all means you can post back on here and we are here to help. Take each match type at a time and get a full understanding of how each works then build strategies of using them.

Here to help.

Liam

Re: Total beginner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Liam

Thanks for your advice will try to take it slow, but have been paying google a lot of money and would just like to have more of an understanding  (asap). I actually rang google yesterday and found out how to exclude negative key words where costing per click with no relavnce?

Also sometimes it's not knowing what question to ask? does that sound stupid?

Regards

Angie