AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

is it recommended to place re marketing and similar audiences within the same campaign?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a campaign were i placed in different ad-groups remarketing and similar audiences. Can it ruin anything like one over shadow the other because the two ad groups target totally different audience?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomer N
August 2016

Re: is it recommended to place re marketing and similar audiences within the same campaign?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tomer,

It is always suggested to have different campaigns for prospecting (bring new users like similar audience, placements, display keywords etc.) and re-marketing as both exhibit different kind of behavior.

Usually CTR, conversion rate and CPA in re-marketing campaigns are better than the prospecting campaigns, So, we should have different targets in mind for both which would be better managed if we run different campaigns,

View solution in original post

Re: is it recommended to place re marketing and similar audiences within the same campaign?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi
I would personally have 2 separate campaigns for remarketing and similar audience because that way I will have better control over budget. Most probably remarketing campaign will give me a better conversion rate and ROI and I wouldn't want it to run out of budget. While similar audience campaign will provide me the the scale which i can leverage based on budget availability.
Hope this makes sense.
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomer N
August 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tomer,

It is always suggested to have different campaigns for prospecting (bring new users like similar audience, placements, display keywords etc.) and re-marketing as both exhibit different kind of behavior.

Usually CTR, conversion rate and CPA in re-marketing campaigns are better than the prospecting campaigns, So, we should have different targets in mind for both which would be better managed if we run different campaigns,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
thanks for your answer.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tomer

You are welcome Smiley Happy