3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

is it possible to increase Search Impression Share to 100% when I got enough budget?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Just looking at my branding keywords and found out some of them got very low search impression share. Below is the screenshot - the data is from June 2017.

32423.JPG

Now I understand to increase search impression share I need to either improve the QS or raise the budget. Currently, all the QS are 10, so I guess the solution got to be the budget. I use "bidding for top position" in the campaign level and the daily expense has still underspent the budget.

So what would you do if you need to increase search impression share to 100%? Is it possible? I have one as high as 97% so I don't understand why others are so much lower. Please help!

Many thanks!

Jason

2 Expert replyverified_user

is it possible to increase Search Impression Share to 100% when I got enough budget?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason Zhang

This is typical to  targeting a brand name. Exact search impression share is a better metric (the denominator of "search IS" is huge....lowering the value). 

What is your exact match IS?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason Zhang

Add one more column to the view - Search Lost IS (Rank). It will give you an idea if your bid is playing the culprit. If you see higher percentage there, increase your bid.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

Re: is it possible to increase Search Impression Share to 100% when I got enough budget?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @MosheTLV

Below is the number:

Looks like all the same as search IS, but two of them is blank. Not quite sure what does this tell us..

32423.JPG

Thanks,

Jason

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Ratan-Jha

Thanks for your advice!

Increasing bid sounds quite general to me. What range should I bid up to? Is it $5 or $10 a click? What metrics should I use for reference? And my final confusion, will it guarantee my Search IS fill 100% when I continuously increase the bid?

Thanks,

Jason

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jason Zhang;

I would only raise the bid for the exact match

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason Zhang
July

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason Zhang

Analyse your current bidding strategy. You are bidding much higher on Phrase than on Exact match. Even when you see much better CTR and conversion rate on Exact. So, the current state of IS is completely as it should actually be in your present optimisation setup. 

Bidding the highest on Exact, a bit lesser on Phrase, and the least on Broad is the ideal strategy for most accounts. Having both exact and phrase match and then bidding more on phrase defies the very purpose of having the exact match keyword in the ad group. 

Once you increase the bid on Exact to make it more than that of phrase, you will see it's IS growing. And it won't be surprising if it reaches 100% over time.

About guarantee, it's not practical in terms of a robust application like AdWords. 

--

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

Experts in the Topic
Ratan-Jha
MosheTLV