AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

is it possible to get a 20% conversion rate?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

bearing in mind people are in different industries could i know what some guys are getting as conversion rates

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: is it possible to get a 20% conversion rate?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Anything is possible, of course. Especially since different advertisers consider different activities to be a "conversion."

Some people are tracking views of a page or downloads of a free information document as conversions. I would say a 20% conversion rate is achievable for these people.;

Others are tracking sales of products--with costs of from $1.00 to $10,000.  I would say that a 20% conversion rate is highly unlikely for most of these sellers.

Whatever you're advertising, comparing your conversion rate to unrelated products/services is not going to provide you with a good benchmark, in my opinion. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
what is your experience, what conversion rates have you been getting?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
There are many factors affecting conversion rates. I don't think even calculating an average across all industries has any value.

The main factor to me is how good the landing page sales message is.

Another is what is being counted as a conversion as Theresa said. I have a client where the conversion is entering the zip code to give the closest franchisee to the product offered. That gets in the 40% range. Another sells a specific part to repair a tool. It has got over 30% in the last two years. Only 20 sales but it's a 30% conversion rate. He has hundreds of such items but all converting at different rates.

Another factor is ease of availability. If that part is only sold by a few vendors in the country, you should have a higher conversion rate. If there are dozens in your city, that makes it harder as there's greater variety.

What you need is to set your own benchmark and improve it from there. That 30% may sound great but why is it not 50%, 75%? The challenge and fun is trying to get it higher, whether with a better sales message on the landing page, more focused keywords or better ads to presell the product.