Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: is it good to use keyword insertion on all ads

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sheryl J,

Welcome to the forum

Yes it is good to use keyword in your ad copies because it can catch the attention of the people who searched for the Keyword, and show that your ad is related to what they want. Additionally, the keyword you use will appear in bold in your ad, just like it does in the search results, making it more obvious how relevant your ad is.

I generally try to keep the Keywords in the Headline & with the Display Url. I use Description Line 1 & 2 for adding promotional offers and other USPs.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sheryl

I agree with Shuva.

But there is other main benefits to use DKI. 

1.) As DKI (Dnamic Keyword insertions) tool insert the keywords in the Ad copy so you can show the longer headlines by running DKI Ads.

Longer headlines-1.png

Longer Headlines.png

2.)  This is a great strategy to improve the Quality score, As Shuva suggested-the Ad copy looks more eye catching, so you will get higher CTR in DKI ads in comparison with the normal ad copy. thus it helps to improve the quality score as well as Ad rank.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheryl J
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to the great advice already received, from my experience I would share the following about "it is good to use keyword insertion on all ads" :

1) No , definitely DKI is not usable with ALL ads . Ads with inserted trademark keywords are not allowed. DKI should be avoided in an Ad group with keywords that represent trademarks. Even if you can use trademark keywords, they are not allowed by default in the Ad text .

2 ) Also the help center provides this information 

• Adult content: Keyword insertion shouldn't be used when ads promote sexual content or adult material. For example, an ad promoting a strip club may initially be appropriate to include in an ad group. However, per our advertising policies, ads using keyword insertion can't promote sexual content or adult material. This requirement helps us maintain a positive experience for all our customers and AdWords advertisers overall.

3) Now if you are not about to breach a policy,  DKI works best with exact match keywords in very narrow ad groups to make sure that the keyword fit the Ads perfectly.

4) Inserting other keywords like the default simple broad keywords can distort the meaning of the Ad text or create trademark problems . The help center page provides some examples : 

• " Unclear ad text: Your ad text must make sense. For example, central europe might be appropriate as one of your keywords. However, if we insert that keyword into the headline "Buy {KeyWord: Products}", the resulting ad text would read "Buy Central Europe."
  • Incorrect grammar: Your ad text shouldn't use incorrect grammar. For example, red shoe might be appropriate as one of your keywords. However, if we insert that keyword into the headline "Buy {KeyWord: Products}", the resulting ad text would read "Buy Red Shoe." This headline is grammatically incorrect, and should read "Buy Red Shoes."

5) Also using the DKI features like initial capitalisation should work better for CTR like this :

Buy {KeyWord:Chocolate} Candy

[edited to remove smileys from the combination of  : and P , in the DKI examples]

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheryl J
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you mean dynamic keyword insertion in ad titles or just keyword insertion? either case using keyword in ad text will always be a better choice, it relates good and if you are able to make multiple adgroups with highly related keywords, you will ultimately get better ROI and Quality Scores.

is it good to use keyword insertion on all ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I do have a relevant question. So yes, KDI can be super helpful. Currently I have an AdGroup that includes some KWs as well as question-based long-tail phrases, containing How and Where. My question is this: If I write {keyword:how} will it only include the phrases containing THAT particular word? Or will it still apply to all the KWs in the AdGroup? 

Thanks in advance!

Anat