Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

is account balance affect impressions?

for example :

account balance 1000$

in account 8 campaingns- where daily budget of each campaign 600$

total daily spend $4800

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: is account balance affect impressions?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Usually what happens when your budget falls short is that Google will respond with a "you've missed 2,800 clicks due to a low budget". They then propose a level that they calculate will capture all those clicks. You don't have to follow this advice, and Google will continue to promote your ads to their best effect - after all, that's how Google max their revenues. Luckily, they share it with you!

You may well find that the recommendations Google offers will differ at campaign level - and you may well find that raising the budget for one whilst lowering another will bring you more revenue. These decisions are yours and yours alone.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
HI Rosit,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

If you have $1000 Account level balance means you can spend only $1000 total spend. As you have set $4800 total campaigns daily budgets. It does not means you will receive click/impression equivalent to $4800 budget. You can only spend $1000.

Thus it means you will loose the impression and click but can control as mentioned by Gemma.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Following what Rakesh has said, Google will maximize your ads. In this case, make sure that you take a close look at which campaigns are effective and which not. Google will be doing this for you, and if you march in step, you'll find that your advertising money goes a lot further!

If you see the answer to your question in this discussion, please mark that post as an accepted solution so it can help others like you to resolve their issue in the future.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Here is my situation
Daily budget each campaign 600$
keywords in each campaign around 300
Quality score 6-8 some 5 all oter is separated.
max CPC per click broad - $4.5 , phrase - $6 , exact $7
CTR - average
negative keywords campaign - some broad, most of theme is exact match and phrase
impression per day 150
clicks -3- 5
total clicks cost - $10-$20per day
All campaigns targeting 800 000 - 1 200 000 peoples
account balance level 1000$ and I am not really understand why each day just 3-5 clicks and 10-20 $ spending, when I want spend all my advertising money and get more impressions and clicks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex P
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Rosikpasek, and thankyou for responding.

In my campaigns I always start with the click through rates - they are a very real gauge of the quality of a campaign. The other thing that stands out to me is that you only have 150 impressions ... with a budget of $600 150 impressions is way too low!

I would compare the keyword tool results with what you're getting in reality to see if there's any mismatch; because with this style of direct marketing you simply can't spend money when people aren't clicking ;-)

The other idea is to look carefully at the data you have generated to see what people are looking for, why they are looking and using the dimensions tab (or something like that) which gives you more info about what's going on and where, just dig around, see what CTRs you're getting in specific areas, specific age groups and all that kind of thing. It's a slog to get through, but concentrating on click-throughs usually means you get some insights from real happenings for real products.

Because if you're not generating the clicks you need from a search campaign - the information you gain from having one running can be reverse-engineered into a display network campaign. The data you have will make for a well targeted campaign that should get you clicks that you otherwise wouldn't. It'll also give you data from areas you'd never considered - and can then be re-reverse-engineered into a new search campaign!

Have fun, dig hard and you'll unearth some gems!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

I think the account balance will not influence the impressions, and the amount of clicks that you have do not allow you to segment data further to analyse per location or other segment. The QS is initially awarded by the system before you reach 1000 impressions per keyword so the QS is not yet influenced by your particular CTR but it will after the initial 1000 imp.

Here is what I think :

- your simple broad negative keywords could be blocking most of the traffic

- your keywords are pretty expensive , they must have a lot of competition, is your keywords status "below the first page bid" ?

- are all your keywords approved and also all the Ads ? Maybe you have some Ad Groups with no approved Ads.

- did you bid differently per match type , meaning more on the exact match and less on the simple broad ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Adrian thank you for your reply.
keywords status is not below the first page bide (maybe some of them 2-5 not more )
all keywords and ads are approved are approve
biding is broad 4 phrase 5 exact 6
and i have a lot negative campaign keywords, some of them is broad and most is phrase and exact

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you also using a setting like the Conversion Optimiser? This one could limit impressions for keywords that do not have a history of conversions by setting their MaxCPC to a lower level.

So what is wrong with this picture is that your daily budget does not allow not even 1 click per keyword daily. The broad match should attract far more than 1 click per day so you aredefinetly not allowing that match type to give you the full potential impressions.i

Why do you need many negatives ? Did you add them based on location names or on the Search terms triggered by the broad or phrase match keywords ? Can you review your negative keywords to identify which ones could be added by mistake and perhaps blocking useful traffic ?

On what keyword types did you receive those 4-5 clicks daily ? Was it on the broad match ?

Can you try to use less keywords and pause the rest ? For example only 100 keywords to fit the 600 daily budget to allow each of the keywords at least 1 click. Or 50 keywords per 600$ daily budget would make more sense at an expected avg. cpc. of 5 $.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I dont use conv optimizer .
I add lot negatives from opportunities tab (most phrase match)
also from search term report.
ill try your suggestions and let you know thanks