Guide Me
star_border

individual town geotarget

BBF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
BBF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In using 'search all' queries I find many long tail keywords that are specific to towns or counties. What would you think is the best way to approach these keywords? Individual campaigns tailored to target specific towns (in which case I would create specific landing pages optimized for tht town or county only), or focusing on one of the keywords in the long tail, adding the keyword from the query as a modified broad?

Thanks very much!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author BBF
September 2015

Re:Geo -Targeting in the US

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again BBF;

In the US you can target up to a zip code level.

If you can have a targeted Landing Page for each location with a relevant content to that county/ town/ state - that would be my recommendation: By that:

• You bring the most relevant content to the most relevant targeted audience. (Though; it does require the effort of setting a different campaign for each targeted region.)
  • If currently, the long tail keyword, includes the town name, this location name can be eliminated: (You can use the KWs list of the service/ business on all campaigns.)

Targeting advice: make sure that you pick the right settings for targeting. Check our WIKI article on "Introduction to AdWords Targeting " in the WIKI section.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Re:Geo -Targeting in the US

BBF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
BBF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,
So my inclination was correct...the best way is to create specific landing pages for our services and remove the specific town I'm working on from all campaigns, create a new campaign with variant ad groups and optimize the pages.

That's what I thought! BTW, Chag Sameach! and many thanks :-)

View solution in original post

Re: individual town geotarget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello BBF; Welcome to the Community;

A preliminary question before advising. Are you in a country in which you can target to a level of a town ? Please Check this table

Based on your answer we'll try to help further.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

BBF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
BBF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Moshe! Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, my campaign is set up to target specific towns throughout or service area!

BBF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
BBF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
BTW I'm in the United States :-)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re:Geo -Targeting in the US

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again BBF;

In the US you can target up to a zip code level.

If you can have a targeted Landing Page for each location with a relevant content to that county/ town/ state - that would be my recommendation: By that:

• You bring the most relevant content to the most relevant targeted audience. (Though; it does require the effort of setting a different campaign for each targeted region.)
  • If currently, the long tail keyword, includes the town name, this location name can be eliminated: (You can use the KWs list of the service/ business on all campaigns.)

Targeting advice: make sure that you pick the right settings for targeting. Check our WIKI article on "Introduction to AdWords Targeting " in the WIKI section.

-Moshe

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Re:Geo -Targeting in the US

BBF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
BBF
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,
So my inclination was correct...the best way is to create specific landing pages for our services and remove the specific town I'm working on from all campaigns, create a new campaign with variant ad groups and optimize the pages.

That's what I thought! BTW, Chag Sameach! and many thanks :-)