AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

increase the quality score

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Recently i am facing a problem with my campaign.The keywords that i have choosed,has low quality score.i have kept the similar keyword in a ad group,create text ad for that group and also kept the same landing page.But still the quality score is low.So please can you suggest me if anything else that may help me to increase the quality score.

waiting for the reply...

thanks

shuva nandy

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: increase the quality score

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shuva,

I would suggest to increase the CPC's so as to improve the Ad positions & Impression share, which in turn should improve the CTR. Since CTR is one of the most important criteria for Quality score so improving CTR will definitely improve the quality score. Also, ensure that you have minimum 2 ad copies in your ad group for identifying the performing elements in your ad copies (Price/Offer/Call to Action etc.), based on which you can further refine your ad copies.

Hope this will help.

~Rehan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Shuva,

>> Kindly check your SQR on regular basis and weed out negative keywords. Add them to adgroup level.

>>Try to create relevent ad copy per adgroup at least keep one main keyword in your ad title or description.

>>Keep your bid competitive, plz check first page bid estimation and Est. top page bid.

>> You need to improve your CTR, your Landing page.

>> kindly pause your under performing adcopy which getting high impression but very less clicks.

>> Check your Device settings, how well your ads have been performing on different types of devices, like desktops/laptops, mobile devices, and tablets - 
you get different Quality Scores for different types of devices.

I always try to create separte campaigns for both desktops/laptops and mobile/tablets. So that we can esaily judge the performance and take appropriate step.

You didn't explain about your campaign Network settings. Are you running your ads on both Search and Content Network.at same campaign??

If you are running your ads like this then try to avpid it. Create separte campaigns for both network and keep bid little low at Content network.

You can visit those articles:

Recipe to making the perfect Quality Score Sauce and What To Do With Keyword Quality Scores

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shuva,

I would suggest to increase the CPC's so as to improve the Ad positions & Impression share, which in turn should improve the CTR. Since CTR is one of the most important criteria for Quality score so improving CTR will definitely improve the quality score. Also, ensure that you have minimum 2 ad copies in your ad group for identifying the performing elements in your ad copies (Price/Offer/Call to Action etc.), based on which you can further refine your ad copies.

Hope this will help.

~Rehan

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello shuva,

@Shuva wrote:

Hi,

Recently i am facing a problem with my campaign.The keywords that i have choosed,has low quality score.i have kept the similar keyword in a ad group,create text ad for that group and also kept the same landing page.But still the quality score is low.So please can you suggest me if anything else that may help me to increase the quality score.

waiting for the reply...

thanks

shuva nandy

There are lot of theories which many talk about this particular metric of Adwords, which is indeed an important one.

Your initial quality score is assigned based on how other advertisers have used it in the past. So, chances are that if you are able to improve on the CTR and maintain it in an excellent way along with other metrics, you could see quality score improving.

I would encourage you to read this thread by Googler Tanmay, who has explained about Quality Score in details.

Let us know if that helps or not!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Shuva,

>> Kindly check your SQR on regular basis and weed out negative keywords. Add them to adgroup level.

>>Try to create relevent ad copy per adgroup at least keep one main keyword in your ad title or description.

>>Keep your bid competitive, plz check first page bid estimation and Est. top page bid.

>> You need to improve your CTR, your Landing page.

>> kindly pause your under performing adcopy which getting high impression but very less clicks.

>> Check your Device settings, how well your ads have been performing on different types of devices, like desktops/laptops, mobile devices, and tablets - 
you get different Quality Scores for different types of devices.

I always try to create separte campaigns for both desktops/laptops and mobile/tablets. So that we can esaily judge the performance and take appropriate step.

You didn't explain about your campaign Network settings. Are you running your ads on both Search and Content Network.at same campaign??

If you are running your ads like this then try to avpid it. Create separte campaigns for both network and keep bid little low at Content network.

You can visit those articles:

Recipe to making the perfect Quality Score Sauce and What To Do With Keyword Quality Scores

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
Anchal