1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

including keywords in ad text

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

if i include keywords in my ad text will it help the performance of my ad group?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: including keywords in ad text

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Include at least one of your keywords in your ad text
Successful text ads tend to contain words that match a person's search. Including one of your keywords in your ad text can catch the attention of the people who searched for the keyword, and show that your ad is related to what they want. Additionally, the keyword you use will appear in bold in your ad, just like it does in the search results, making it more obvious how relevant your ad is. Let's say you include the keyword digital cameras in your ad's headline, like "Buy Digital Cameras," and a customer searches for digital cameras. Your ad's headline will appear in bold, like "Buy Digital Cameras." Your ad's headline could also appear in bold if a customer searched for buy SLR cameras, like "Buy Digital Cameras," since "buy" and "cameras" match words in the customer's search term.

Details at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

This this is very clear rule if you use your keyword in your text ad then your keyword quality score will rise and you have to pay less money for up posotion.

But it's not mean that you use keywords more times in Ad. Ad should be very specific and there should be keyword one or two time in your Ad.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bob,

You want to include relevant keywords that appear in the search query but not to the detriment of getting across strong USPs and a good call to action.

The way I create copy is to use a headline that directly relates to the user's search query, use description line 1 to promote a USP and use description line 2 as a strong call to action.

As a quick example if I were targeting "digital camera" I would have something like:

Quality Digital Cameras
Free Delivery Within 2 Working Days
Huge Savings = Buy Online Now

Or if I were targeting "cheap travel insurance"

Travel Insurance: 10% Off
1,300+ Positive Customer Reviews
Use Code "BUY10" & Get 10% Off.

I haven't checked the number of characters but you get the idea.

Hope this helps.
Ryan.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Pushpendra,

It is not necessarily true that including your keywords in a text ad will improve your QS. The major factor in QS is CTR. If including your keyword in the text ad improves the CTR, the QS will also improve.

My answer to the question is "it usually will improve CTR, and that will improve your QS." There are no guarantees. As far ad "ad relevance" in the bubble tool, that is based on the CTR of the keyword/ad combination. Now, if you have several ads in the AdGroup, I have no idea how they determine that combination. QS is calculated every time it is used, so you could have a different QS depending on which ad is up for display in the rotation.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Bob,

No doubt, it is a good strategy to include keyword into ad text. This will definitely improve the overall ad performance. However, the key is to deliver a great mix of precision and relevance through targeted keywords and ad text. And also keep in mind the significance of landing page.