AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

if my keyword is not included in Landing page, will it affect my keyword quality score?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

if my keyword is not included in Landing page, will it affect my keyword quality score? For example, if my keyword is food supplement which is not in the content of landing page, but there is "nutritional supplement " in the  content, and the content is about food supplement, just the term used to describe is different. Will it affect the QS?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Google U
May 2017

Re: if my keyword is not included in Landing page, will it affect my keyword quality score?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Google U,

"Make sure your landing page clearly features what you promised in your ad."

That statement is defined from Google's tips on relevancy and quality score. That being said, your quality score is determined by the the relevancy of your ad copy, keywords, and landing page together. So the more you align your landing page content with the keywords you are bidding on in Adwords, then you will be rewarded a higher quality score (pending a well-optimized site and cohesive ad copy).

In this scenario, I wouldn't say your quality score will be negatively affected tremendously. If it is the "understanding" that food and nutritional supplements offer the same content or solutions for those search queries, then you shouldn't see a penalized quality score. However, if food and nutritional offer widely different solutions then you would need to bid on separate keywords and optimize the content specifically for those ad groups. Otherwise, you would see diminished CTR's or high bounce rates....which eventually would affect your quality score.

Quality Score and Relevancy

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Google U
May 2017

Re: if my keyword is not included in Landing page, will it affect my keyword quality score?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Google U,

"Make sure your landing page clearly features what you promised in your ad."

That statement is defined from Google's tips on relevancy and quality score. That being said, your quality score is determined by the the relevancy of your ad copy, keywords, and landing page together. So the more you align your landing page content with the keywords you are bidding on in Adwords, then you will be rewarded a higher quality score (pending a well-optimized site and cohesive ad copy).

In this scenario, I wouldn't say your quality score will be negatively affected tremendously. If it is the "understanding" that food and nutritional supplements offer the same content or solutions for those search queries, then you shouldn't see a penalized quality score. However, if food and nutritional offer widely different solutions then you would need to bid on separate keywords and optimize the content specifically for those ad groups. Otherwise, you would see diminished CTR's or high bounce rates....which eventually would affect your quality score.

Quality Score and Relevancy

Hope this helps!

if my keyword is not included in Landing page, will it affect my keyword quality score?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Machine learning of the text is far more advanced. The bot can understand the text and the content.  In one of Google's white papers  it recommended to stop the practice of "spreading" keywords in a text. This practice is long over. Write to a human  user. The algorithm /machine will interpret the content and the theme. Techniques  intended to "teach" the bot  could cause more harm than benefit .

In Google's own words:

>>"In fact, we advise that you not try to “keyword stuff” your landing pages in an attempt to increase landing page relevance (we don’t think keyword stuffing is a good practice for any of your pages). Instead, we urge all advertisers to focus on creating great experiences that deliver what a user is looking for. Our scoring is merely an attempt to measure that—to measure, you might say, user delight.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167116?hl=en&ref_topic=6167081

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’