4.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

if my first page bid is $30 what can i do

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if my first page bid is $30 what can i do?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: if my first page bid is $30 what can i do

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi 859-730-9408, if that is your real name Smiley Wink

Welcome to the community.

There are a few reasons why your first page bid ESTIMATE (Which is what I assume you are talking about here) is so high. The first may simply be competition. Without knowing what market you're bidding in, it's impossible to tell. For example, the keyword "credit card", even with a perfect quality score, costs about $40 to appear for on the first page.

The next reason, and possibly more likely is your quality score.

For each keyword, the estimate is based on the keyword's Quality Score and current advertiser competition. If your first page bid estimate is very high, it may mean that your keyword's Quality Score is poor and could possibly be improved. The estimate is not a guarantee -- even if your bid meets the first page bid estimate, there is always a chance that your ad will not appear on the first page. Use the estimate to help make bidding decisions that are right for you.

You might want to have a read of this article which goes into more detail:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472742

Finally, I would highly recommend that you watch this video on how AdWords bidding works.

Re: if my first page bid is $30 what can i do

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Thank you for posting on our forum. In order to protect your personal privacy, we advise you to change your current AdWords Community forum name.  You can change your forum name in your Edit Profile. If you are unable to change your name, please ask me or any Community Manager for assistance.

This thread may be edited by a Community Manager as per the Community Posting Guidelines.