AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

if i want to delete the bid strategy what is the procedure for that

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

guys yesterday i started the bid strategy for my campaign amd keywords and ad groups.  Now i want to delete this strategy what do i do?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: if i want to delete the bid strategy what is the procedure for tha

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ruchie A

Welcome to the community!

You can follow the steps:
1.Click the Campaigns tab.
2.Click the Ad groups tab or Keywords tab.
3.Select the row that's using the strategy you'd like to change or remove.
4.Click the Bid strategy drop-down menu and select "Use default bid strategy."
5.Click the Settings tab for the campaign that's using the strategy you'd like to change or remove.
6.In the "Bid strategy," section, click Edit.

To remove a bid strategy, you'll need to switch to another strategy (either a different flexible bid strategy or one that isn't flexible). That's because your campaign needs to have a bid strategy & then click save.

Hope it will help.

Thanks
Aritra Mukherjee

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ruchie,

Just a small addition to what has been said above, if you are talking about flexible bid strategy which you have created and want to remove that, simply go Shared Library >>Bid Strategies. Here you will find all the strategies you have already created and can edit them, delete them if you want.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks Aritra

I have done with the same.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI there,

I am in the same boat. I am trying to change bid strategy at the ad group level from CPC to CPA.

It is working for most ad groups but there are some that say "To use this strategy, remove the strategies currently applied to your keywords."

I have followed the above instructions, but to no avail.

4.Click the Bid strategy drop-down menu and select "Use default bid strategy." .... There is no such option on my drop down menu. I have (at the keyword level) Change bid strategy or Manage portfolio bid strategies.

Any advise would be helpful

Thanks
Ben

Re: if i want to delete the bid strategy what is the procedure for that

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.