AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

i have paused the campaign but it is getting clicks still

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All Expert,

I have paused the campaign but it is getting clicks still please help.....

Thanks\

Ramesh Bhatt

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: i have paused the campaign but it is getting clicks still

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

It is not likely that Adwords delivers your ads from the moment you paused the campaign.

Keep in mind that Adwords reporting isn't real time in your account, so it might be possible that some clicks that you have received just before pausing the campaign will appear later in your account.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ramesh Bhatt
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Janos,

Thanks for response, I am agree with words but now i have checked my campaign is paused but still it's impression are increasing ..... Smiley Sad

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
As Janos said, when you pause a campaign, impressions stop. Since there is a delay for all data centres to "get the message" and reporting is not real-time, you may still get some impressions after you pause.

I've never seen a campaign still get impressions in following days after pausing. And I've been doing Adwords for over ten years. Other possible explanations:

* you only think you paused a campaign. Double-check the messages.
* you may have paused a group or groups, not the campaign. There may still be active groups. This can be a common error for those not familiar with the interface.
* a very common error is the time frame you are looking at. You may be looking at a date range when your campaign was active. The numbers of course should not change the day after you paused. Check the date range you specify. Note that the system remembers the last range you used. So if you specify "last 7 days", the numbers will appear to change each day.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Today I got same issue and i have paused the campaign.

But one thing also i want to share . I have scheduled my campaign 10:00 am to 6:15 pm but i have paused the campaign before 6:00 pm. Is it the reason ......?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

It is not likely that Adwords delivers your ads from the moment you paused the campaign.

Keep in mind that Adwords reporting isn't real time in your account, so it might be possible that some clicks that you have received just before pausing the campaign will appear later in your account.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Janos,

Thanks for response, I am agree with words but now i have checked my campaign is paused but still it's impression are increasing ..... Smiley Sad
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
As Janos said, when you pause a campaign, impressions stop. Since there is a delay for all data centres to "get the message" and reporting is not real-time, you may still get some impressions after you pause.

I've never seen a campaign still get impressions in following days after pausing. And I've been doing Adwords for over ten years. Other possible explanations:

* you only think you paused a campaign. Double-check the messages.
* you may have paused a group or groups, not the campaign. There may still be active groups. This can be a common error for those not familiar with the interface.
* a very common error is the time frame you are looking at. You may be looking at a date range when your campaign was active. The numbers of course should not change the day after you paused. Check the date range you specify. Note that the system remembers the last range you used. So if you specify "last 7 days", the numbers will appear to change each day.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Today I got same issue and i have paused the campaign.

But one thing also i want to share . I have scheduled my campaign 10:00 am to 6:15 pm but i have paused the campaign before 6:00 pm. Is it the reason ......?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thanks all of you guys