AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

i am getting irrelevant views and clicks between two ad groups of a campaign with no duplicates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am having a campaign with 2 adgroups, with no duplicate keywords, but i am getting irrelevant views and clicks, and cross over of one adgroup with other adgroup, can someone suggest a solution.?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: i am getting irrelevant views and clicks between two ad groups of a campaign with no duplicates

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You may need to be more aggressive with negative keywords. These negative keywords will prevent your ads from appearing on search queries that are not relevant and also help you push traffic to the appropriate adgroup.
i.e. if you have two adgroups and one is for womens running shoes and another for mens running shoes consider adding a negative keyword –womens to the mens running shoes group and a negative –mens to the womens running shoes group...more about negative keywords.

Review your search query reports often to identify negative keyword and also consider using the adwords keyword tool to proactively identify and add negative keywords. This video explains how to do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNEiKrBCHl4

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Re: i am getting irrelevant views and clicks between two ad groups of a campaign with no duplicates

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi karu and welcome to the forum.  Further to Kim's reply, it sounds to me as though your keywords may be too broad.  Are you using any simple broad matches?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits