3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to re-structure keywords account ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys now my account have many keyword contain by many match type. For example Campaign A & Ad Group A - I have keyword with these match type Broad, Broad Modifier, Phrase & Exact Match, So if I need to re-structure them how can i do with still get high a Quality Score & the other performance as well. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mrx A
September 2015

Re: how to re-structure keywords account ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

There are multiple ways you can do it. 

1. Creating dedicated campaigns of different match types keywords and then adding the negative matches (i.e. the embedded negatives) at campaign level to try and streamline the traffic to the max. level.

2. Adding multiple match type keywords within a single ad group (as you mentioned) and then wait for the data to gather and identify the right match type which is working effective for your account. Pause the rest ones and continue with the high performing keyword match types. 

Now it depends upon on you how you see the data flow coming in and based on the stats you gather, try improvise the technique (one of two mentioned above) to take your account to the next level.

I would also suggest you to read this help center reference and see how similar keywords are matched to search terms in AdWords: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mrx A
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

There are multiple ways you can do it. 

1. Creating dedicated campaigns of different match types keywords and then adding the negative matches (i.e. the embedded negatives) at campaign level to try and streamline the traffic to the max. level.

2. Adding multiple match type keywords within a single ad group (as you mentioned) and then wait for the data to gather and identify the right match type which is working effective for your account. Pause the rest ones and continue with the high performing keyword match types. 

Now it depends upon on you how you see the data flow coming in and based on the stats you gather, try improvise the technique (one of two mentioned above) to take your account to the next level.

I would also suggest you to read this help center reference and see how similar keywords are matched to search terms in AdWords: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for answering I will try to do by method 2. Because that would be an easier than separate the campaign with different match due to i need to make a negative for each together. That might be take long time.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You are welcome and let us know if you run into any issues. Community will be glad to assist.