Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to keep cost under control

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear, I started Sunday with GoogleAdWords, and put initially an amount of 50€/day, but after no visibility in the Search, I changed to 200€/day, then got visibility (being 1st or 2nd) for about 2 hours in the day, but after the 2hours back to invisible, then changed back to 100€, to test, etc. Now 3 days later, amount is about 500€ in total, but rarely being visible and limited nr of clicks (the €/click was increased to about 3€/click...). How to optimise? A competitor is always first and always visible, don't think they spend 500€ in 3 days. Keywords are around IT architecture, information architecture, etc. Thanks for helping. Wim

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Wim,

I would highly suggest you get someone to audit the account, perhaps some keywords are under-performing, perhaps some setting are not in place, especially with a highly competitive industry such as IT.

Many firms out there are offering free audits, and even if you consider yourself a pro, a fresh set of eyes are always helpful.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@Wim V  Glad you are using AdWords and Good you came into the Forum to seek support . 

First i want you to understand how everything works and why your budget are blowing off and it seems like you are not seeing you Ads sometimes . The aim of my explanation is to shed more light to what might be happening on your account .

1. Why you are not seeing your Ads : The question is are using the Ads Preview Function in your AdWords dashboard to check ? The Ads Preview tool will help you see if your Ads are showing and how exactly they Look . 

- You might not be seeing your Ads becuase of your budget , there are two delivery methods Standard Delivery Method and Accelerated Ads Delivery method .

Let me quickly explain both ; 

In Standard delivery method , your ads show often through out the whole day when they are Prominent . While in the Accelerated Delivery method your Ads will show much often but your buget will quickly get finished . For Small budgets i recomend the Standard Delivery method but it depends on you . 

The above will help you to Understand how you can Control your budget .

In case you are having high Cost Per Click (CPC)  : I Recommend you work on the quality score of your account the default is 6/10 . Work on Qs 8/10 - 10/10 . It will help reudce Cost Per Click . 

Let me know if you find this useful <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>. Cheer! Hope it helps 

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not solicit likes or otherwise self-promote on the Advertiser Community.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

This kind of approach is not going to work Wim. How much of a daily budget can you afford over the course of at least 90 days to begin to learn AdWords? All you are doing at this point is throwing money away, and you are not going to see any value to AdWords. 

Set a limited budget you can afford, or pause the advertising, and read ALL of this:

https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en#topic=3119071

Tom