2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to improve the conversion

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,i am now currently running ad on goolgle search network only for my website.what i noticed that,  the ads are getting high impression &  clicks but  conversion is very poor .i used to change the ads on weekly basis but there is no improvement.my ad position is also good.what should i do now?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shuva Nandy
September 2015

Re: how to improve the conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

My first question to you would be how's the CTR of your campaigns?

Did you ever check the search terms which you are getting for your keywords?

What match type keywords you are using to target your audiences?

Did you ever use the negative keywords in your account?

Let us know about all so that Community can point you in the right direction.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Shuva,

When customers land on your website after visiting your ads then they have some expectations like what they will be able to do when they land on your landing page. So it is very crucial to set the right steps before the visitor clicks on your ads. 

You can try to do this by optimizing your AdWords campaign.

>>Try to bid on the right keywords,

>>Try to use required negative keywords (weed out from your search terms reports),

>>Try to use effective descriptive and engaging ad text .

Check out your Analytics and check the the bounce rate and conversion rate of the landing page and compae this to the various ad text driving traffic to the page. It will help you determine which ad is more effective.

If you would like to know more optimization, please read Tips for Success.

You need to do some work on your landing page like:

>>your landing pages must load quickly,

>> Should be easy to navigate and adhere to Google landing page guidelines.

Keep in mind that visitors to your landing page may feel uncomfortable providing their information if they don't feel that your website is trustworthy.

By reducing the information you request from a visitor to only what's absolutely necessary for you to follow up with them, you can help to increase the likelihood that they'll finish filling out the form. If a visitor starts filling in your form but then decides to leave before submitting (e.g. because they find that the form is too long) your web analytics may record this as a bouncerate.

Kindly visit This link too: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Back-to-Business-with-AdWords-Community-Acco...

Note:

To test the effectiveness of different versions of the forms on your landing pages, we recommend using Website Optimizer(learn more with the Experiments Quick Start Guide). To make sure you get the best return on your investment, we recommend that you measure the effectiveness of your AdWords campaigns and use Conversion Optimizer.

Thanks
Anchal

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for your suggestion anchol.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

hi pankoj

my ctr is 1.28% only.

I regulerly use to monitor the performance of the  keywords & also check the search terms

currently i am runnig two campaigns.one is for exact keywords & another is for broad match

i have never use any negative keyword for my campaign.i only target those keywords for which i can get conversion

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again,

I would encourage you to look for the search terms of your broad match type campaign because that might be attracting irrelevant traffic as well. So you should identify those irrelevant terms and add them as negative keywords at ad group/ campaign level.

Similarly, I won't mind starting with phrase match keywords as well because they are more restrictive than broad matches and chances of irrelevant traffic is pretty low.

Give it a thought and work around your keywords to come with up new strategy so that you could improve on your CTR as well as conversion rate.

One last but very important point is your website where you are driving traffic to. You can get as much traffic as you can using Adwords but the final customer converter is your website. Make sure you are taking the users to appropriate landing page so that they have the best user experience. Competition is cut throat, so in order to sustain that, your website should be compelling, easy-to-navigate and meeting the expectation which you are setting in your ad copies.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

I think you have to add negative keywords in your broad match campaign. You can read a very informative article on Negative keywords written by Neha: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Negative-Keywords-As-Important-as-Positive-Keywor...

Hope it will help you!

Thanks
anchal

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you pankoj