1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to improve my quality score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My quality score is not getting improved even if i bit for higher amount. Can anybody suggest how to increase the quality score in a natural way.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to improve my quality score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hari,

First improving QS is not overnight job. It takes time and you need to keep patience. Second, only bidding higher doesn't improve QS. Third also look at other important metrics in your campaign such as ROI.

The main and one of the important component of QS is CTR. If you work on improving your CTR, it will slowly and gradually improves your QS too. I would suggest you reading some article on QS which will help you with this:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Quality-Score-The-Magical-amp-Mysterious-Metri...

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Ingredients-of-the-Quality-Score-...

Good Luck! Let us know if you have more questions!

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
>
> Thanks for writing to me, i am getting clicks but i am not getting
> conversions. What can i do for that.
>

Thanks,
Hari Prasad

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Hari,

If you are getting clicks but not conversions. Two things to check in my opinion:

1. If the clicks that you are getting are quality click, check search term report.
2. If the landing page is appealing to the user or not. Also if the page where user is landing after clicking ad ad is relevant to the user or not.

You can also search community to find answer of similar questions.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
And this is one of the biggest challenges we face - getting clicks is easy - getting conversions, not quite so....

Neha's fist point is crucial - getting the quality click.... the closer the search term is to what you offer the more likely you are to convert that visitor into a client/customer. And this brings us back to your first question - how do I improve my quality score? - Well by aligning your keywords, ands and your landing pages, you are offering a better user experience and are more likely to be giving Google's users what they are looking for - thus Google "rewards" you with a higher QS.... after all, Google want their users to be happy too!

But - and this is the tricky part - you can get relevant clicks to your site, but this is only the first step - your website then needs to effectively convert these visitors. Once a searcher has triggered your keywords to serve your ad, and they have clicked on your ad, the AdWords job is done - it is now up to you (through your website) to continue that smooth experience. Landing pages are part of the key to this. If, for example, you have a keyword for auto insurance and an ad about auto insurance and you then take a person to your home page where you mention all the types of insurance you offer - and auto insurance is hidden there where the visitor has to search for it - they will likely leave the page, if they don't understand how to get a quote, they will leave, if they don't know how to get in touch with you, they will leave, and so on... taking them directly to a page about auto insurance and giving them a simple form - which leads them through the quote and contracting process is going to convert customers much more effectively.

Develop specific landing pages and test different versions of these to discover which convert best for you.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Harry

Adding to these two great answers, it is definetly a challenge to get conversions out of clicks you getting by running an adword campaign.

As pointed out here website plays a major role in this game. For a eg one of my client was spending around 500-600 euros per a day in a taxi service but his ROI was not so good. Lately when we get the account for maintenance we saw that in Google analytics bounce rate is quite high for this customer, after doing some research we realize this happen from various of reasons from not having mobile compatible site to not having online payments.

This is just an example i was telling you to understand the scenario. To get a conversion and maintain a positive ROI so many factors should be accurate, from good websites to well structured and maintain adword account.