Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to get traffic with expensive keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am runnig ppc for one of my client,who provides web design and development services.i ahve done extensive keyword research & find out all the possible keywords.Now the problem is all the keywords that i have choosen is highly expensive and even my ad aren't showing in the google first page.Now if i choose some other keywords which have low search volume then i may not get much traffic.

• The client wants traffic as well as conversion.
  • Tergate location is USA & Canada.
  • Ouality Score is avg. 5%

anyone can tell me what should i do in this situation...??

thanks 

shuva

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shuva Nandy
September 2015

Re: how to get traffic with expensive keywords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

You'll find many valuable discussions on "expensive keywords" using the search box

Check these discussions :

Very Competitve Keywords

Don't you guys think adwords is way too expensive?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Shuva,

Moshe's given you a nice links which you should refer too.

1 question for you... you said that you identified keywords that are very expensive and your ad doesn't show on Google's first page.. and you fear adding the other keywords as they may not have very high search volumes... My question is.. isn't getting those clicks important for you? i mean.. even if the search volumeas are less.. if people are searching for your service.. wouldn't you want to show your ad?

My guess is you would. As long as the keywords are relevant, I would want to show up.. 

Another good suggestion that you could pull from the links mentioned by Moshe is Remarketing and Display network.

If the Search network is expensive for you, try targeting themes that relate to you business. Since the Display network is very large and on an average and internet user spends 95% of their time 'surfing' rather than 'searching' the web you maybe able to get more clicks from there.. Also has so many places you can target, so you need to ensure you show up only in relevant places.

Remarketing is targeting users coming to your website but not really giving you any returns.. since they came to your website, you know that they are interested in your service atleast... if you keep showing your ads to them.. they may remeber your name(brand recall). Also, it makes them believe that you are big 'cuz your name shows up everywhere.. basically you keep following a user all over the internet once they visit your site.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I forgot to mention.. remarketing doesn't consider the source of the people who visit your website.. so, if someone even comes to your site via an organic listing, they are added to your remarketing list and you can target them.. so you are taking advantage of all channels through which a users lands on your site..
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks moshe,

those links are really informative.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks shweta,i think remarketing is a good idea.it may works..

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shuva

I have a few of these clients in Australia and struggle with the exact same problem.

I have tried numerous things related to improving the Ad texts and duplicating well performing keywords into more relevant match types (exact and broad match modified) and sometimes there is only so much you can do.

I have done this in the past numerous times but only worked once - Pause all the keywords that are using up the budget and just running keywords that were converting.This assures the budget is been devoted to keywords that are lucrative.

Only other thing I can suggest is to tell your client to spend more but I know how difficult that can be Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I agree with your words. You should have to enhance these:

1. Make a set of same keywords and create ad groups

2. Create landing page according using keywords

3. Include keywords in your ads for particular ad groups.

I am sure you will enhanve keyword quality score and CPC will be low.

Experience different landing pages.

Thanks.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all,
thank you for your suggestion.I have planned two different strategies.Let me know,whether should i follow this or not..

Plan1: I am creating 4 campaigns,like:
a.Web design-Exact-us.
b.Web design-Phrase-Us.
c.web design-Modified broad-us.
d.Long tail Keywords-us

Now initially i will run the campaign b & C and will check the search term in a regular interval of time.

I will find out the keywords which are getting maximum impression & Clicks And put that keywords in the exact campaign that is campaign a and also place those keywords which have low search volume but relevant in campaign c.This way i may get some keywords which may have low competition.But the only problem is it will take some time.

Plan2: I am targeting different states individually rather than targeting the whole country But I am not sure whether the competition will be lower or not.

please let me know if you have any suggestion regarding this..

thanks