2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to get phone numbers on ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

so frustrated with Google adwords, since the removal of phone numbers on ads my calls have dropped 75%

is anyone have this problem?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to get phone numbers on ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

RJ J wrote:

so frustrated with Google adwords, since the removal of phone numbers on ads my calls have dropped 75%

is anyone have this problem?

Did you try the Call Extensions after the policy update?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rj J,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. Quick question are you referring to the phone number in the ad text? Or the phone extension? One thing you have to take in mind is your ad groups have to hit a certain threshold of clicks in order for the call forwarding (phone extension) to show. If you recently upgraded to the new enhanced campaign you may have to wait a few weeks for your ad groups to meet the threshold of clicks. We had this issue with a few clients.

Have you made any dramatic changes to your ad groups?

Let me know if you have any further questions. If you are not currently using phone extensions I would definitely recommend it with a call forwarding number.
Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@StefanMartinez ;

A slight correction: A minimum  number of clicks is required for "Google forwarding number" , But no minimum is required for "call extensions"

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704420?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Please use Call extension.