AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to get my competitor keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Experts,

Please help me to get my travel competitors PPC Keywords.

Thanks

Ramesh

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ramesh Bhatt
September 2015

Re: how to get my competitor keywords

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ramesh

Technically you cant get your "competitors" PPC keywords but you have some other ways to work around

1st you can use keyword planner tool to get some ideas about keywords related to your industry.

Please read this article regarding keyword planner tool https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

You can use this tool to

Research keywords. Need help finding keywords to add to a new campaign? Or, maybe you want to find additional keywords to add to an existing campaign. You can search for keyword and ad groups ideas based on terms that are relevant to your product or service, your landing page, or different product categories.

Get historical statistics and traffic estimates. Use statistics like search volume to help you decide which keywords to use for a new or existing campaign. Get estimates, like estimated clicks, to get an idea of how a list of keywords might perform for a given bid and budget. These estimates can also help guide your decision on which bids and budgets to set.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

You can search keywords on keyword Planner tool. If your competitors terms are searched by users you can get these suggestions from keyword tool. If you are already running campaign and having some good stats, you can also collect competitors name from search query report.

You can also collect competitors names from auction insight report if you running campaign.

If you are not running campaign yet, you can type search query in google search engine and can collect competitors names from there and can insert those names in keyword tool and can get variations. If you are running campaign this idea is not advisable as it effects impressions, ctr and other stats of the campaign.

If I understood your question wrong and you are talking about core keywords that your competitors are using may be you can use any external ppc tool I know only keywordspy and semrush. Although I do my own research.

Edit: Nisal posted his answer while I was busy writing Smiley Happy

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ramesh,
To add to Nisal & Neha's great answers -
As I said on previous post, I wouldn't concern myself with what Keywords your competitors are using. Just because competitors are using those Keywords, doesn't mean that they'll be profitable/successful Keywords for you.

Take the time to really research your market and to research all the relevant ways that consumers are trying to connect with your business. Use the Keywords that you think will work for you, not Keywords that competitors are using.

If you're already running AdWords, as Neha pointed out, you can use Auction Insights report - but that will only tell you Keywords that you and your competition both display Ads on, not necessarily all the Keywords they're bidding on.

Auction Insights - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ramesh

Technically you cant get your "competitors" PPC keywords but you have some other ways to work around

1st you can use keyword planner tool to get some ideas about keywords related to your industry.

Please read this article regarding keyword planner tool https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

You can use this tool to

Research keywords. Need help finding keywords to add to a new campaign? Or, maybe you want to find additional keywords to add to an existing campaign. You can search for keyword and ad groups ideas based on terms that are relevant to your product or service, your landing page, or different product categories.

Get historical statistics and traffic estimates. Use statistics like search volume to help you decide which keywords to use for a new or existing campaign. Get estimates, like estimated clicks, to get an idea of how a list of keywords might perform for a given bid and budget. These estimates can also help guide your decision on which bids and budgets to set.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

You can search keywords on keyword Planner tool. If your competitors terms are searched by users you can get these suggestions from keyword tool. If you are already running campaign and having some good stats, you can also collect competitors name from search query report.

You can also collect competitors names from auction insight report if you running campaign.

If you are not running campaign yet, you can type search query in google search engine and can collect competitors names from there and can insert those names in keyword tool and can get variations. If you are running campaign this idea is not advisable as it effects impressions, ctr and other stats of the campaign.

If I understood your question wrong and you are talking about core keywords that your competitors are using may be you can use any external ppc tool I know only keywordspy and semrush. Although I do my own research.

Edit: Nisal posted his answer while I was busy writing Smiley Happy

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ramesh,
To add to Nisal & Neha's great answers -
As I said on previous post, I wouldn't concern myself with what Keywords your competitors are using. Just because competitors are using those Keywords, doesn't mean that they'll be profitable/successful Keywords for you.

Take the time to really research your market and to research all the relevant ways that consumers are trying to connect with your business. Use the Keywords that you think will work for you, not Keywords that competitors are using.

If you're already running AdWords, as Neha pointed out, you can use Auction Insights report - but that will only tell you Keywords that you and your competition both display Ads on, not necessarily all the Keywords they're bidding on.

Auction Insights - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can use third party comeptitive intelligence tools to get such data. One very good example is SEMRush.