AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to find best placements for your image ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I  am kind of new to Google adword and everyday learning something new from this community and it's members.

I am little struggling with placements and the keywords I want to show ads for.

I will be glad if anyone tell me how to find the best placements for my image ads on display network?

I know I can search it with using Display Planner but I dont know how to do it properly.

Thanks in Advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to find best placements for your image ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Mansoor,

You are right that Display Planner is the tool which you can really use to find relevant placements which matches with your product/service. And to use it effectively, you can refer to the below video:

Find more details about this tool here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3056115

For keywords, you can refer to your Search campaigns as well (if running) and identify the right set of keywords to use them for Display Network campaign.

In terms of image ads, it is important to understand that the domains you are selecting as managed ones, your image ads should be in sync with them in terms of color combination used, so that you get good branding and overall good ROI as well.

Also, target all the available format image ads because you never know which format will start performing good for you.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Re: how to find best placements for your image ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Mansoor,

Using the Google Display Planner can defintely help you get ideas for your GDN campaigns and is a great place to start. You can also go a step further with your campaign and do a little manual research. If you have a website you're promoting about cooking (for example) then you may want to do some Google searches for the most popular cooking websites or online communities to see if they are running AdWords ads on their site. You can also learn what websites people in that niche spend time on if you search around Facebook or on forums in the niche and see if there are ways to run ads there as well. 

You can also take large authority sites like About.com for example and target specific pages about your products rather than targeting the entire site. That can really help increase conversions and CTR as well.

Hope this helps.