Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to exclude Tablets with full browsers in adwords campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi friends,

Can anyone tell me how to exclude Tablets with full browsers in adwords campaign in display network please tell me if any one can help. i am running campaign in display networks and getting mostly all click from mobile and Tablets but i don't want to get click from tablets so plz help me.

thanks

Pradeep

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to exclude Tablets with full browsers in adwords campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pradeep,

You cannot exclude Tablets atleast for now. Its impossible.

Thanks,

Chetan.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Pradeep,

Though, it is not possible to exclude Tablets specifically, there can be a different route to achieve what you are trying to. 

1. First, you can create a specific GDN campaign for selected devices - Using the Device targeting method, select the specific devices you want to show your ads on. You can avoid selecting tablets here. To access device targeting, go to campaign settings and scroll down to find Device Targeting under Advanced Settings. 

If it's the traffic from Mobile Apps that you don't want, exclude it. You can exclude apps at the both campaign and adgroup levels by adding a placement exclusion for adsenseformobileapps.com. You can also add a site category exclusion for GMob mobile app non-interstitial.

Definitely not a direct method, but can be worked on as a way around. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

About " Next, create a separate campaign for devices other than mobiles - it's easier. Go to decrease the bids by 100%. "

This campaign will unfortunately attract traffic from tablets too, not only desktops, so I do not see how this could be a workaround, as much as I would love to have such a workaround when tablets do not convert.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

You are right. I have edited the reply.

What I have suggested above is only work around available at the moment. I am sure you know it already. Having a separate campaign with 100% negative device bid modifier won't work as it will not exclude tablets. Thanks for pointing out.

Mobile written message, excuse typos.

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.