AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to check remarketing ads

am
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
am
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

How can I check where my remarketing ads are appearing. Currently I have not put any restriction of keywords or placements. The campaign shows impressions but does not give placement details in the placements tab. It may be because the remarketing campaign is new. Will I be able to see the placements of the impressions of this campaign?

In order to actually see the ad myself, I completed the conversion on my website myself so that I could test the working. However, I can't see my ads on any website, while I was expecting to see it everywhere. Is there a catch?

Thanks for help in advance.

Cheers

am

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: how to check remarketing ads

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Am,

Go to "Display Network" >> Choose "Placemtns" >> click on "+Automatic Placements" - than you'll see the list :-)

You can also read this article: Evaluating ad performance on the Display Network for more info.

Good Luck, 

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If your audience list have too few browsers (where you have put your cookies) on it, ad impressions might be limited by that (re-marketing not starting until you have reached a threshold).

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Am,

Go to "Display Network" >> Choose "Placemtns" >> click on "+Automatic Placements" - than you'll see the list :-)

You can also read this article: Evaluating ad performance on the Display Network for more info.

Good Luck, 

Asaf

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If your audience list have too few browsers (where you have put your cookies) on it, ad impressions might be limited by that (re-marketing not starting until you have reached a threshold).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I want to check for myself if remarketing works per se I usually visit an website full of Google Ads or http://whoisretargeting.me/ 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a similar issue - I see that my campaign is running (in adwords stats), but I can't see my ad, even though I checked on places where it should be displayed and I also refreshed browser many times. I also tried the website http://whoisretargeting.me/, which was mentioned by Alen T, but I don't see my ad... Even when I clear my cookies and than just visit my website. Is there a
dependable way to see an remarketing ad in action?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David, any idea what threshold should be reached before remarketing starts?

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
Your remarketing list must contain at least 100 cookies (1000 in case of remarketing for search)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ken, Does that mean we need 1000 unique visits to a site for the ads to start showing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah,

You need to have minimum of this required number of visitors. We had the same issue at our website http://vixsolutionsltd.co.uk But its resolved now.