4.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how to assign a particular ad to a particular keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how can i assign  a particular keyword to an particular ad in my search campaign

Re: how to assign a particular ad to a particular keyword

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Ankit,

Welcome to adwords community.
Please read this Article https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453980?hl=en,
You can find step by step guidance on How to Add keywords to campaigns ("Search Network only," "Search Network with Display Select," or "Search & Display Networks")

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ankit,

There is not any specific way to assign a particular keyword to a ad. You can do it effectively by creating a separate ad group.

Create a separate ad group with very specific ads and assign keywords for that only. You can manage your ads and monitor closely how your keyword and ad is performing.

If my answer helps you. please accept as a solution.

Thanks.

Virendra

Google AdWords Expert

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ankit,

You nee to add particular adgroup with ads & keywords. Probably this picture can help you -adwords structure.png

Thanks,

Kaushik

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ankit - The simplest solution is , create an ad group that would comprise the keyword and ad copy in case. Subsequently, you might want to add this keyword as negative (with carefully selected match type) across all other ad groups in your account in case you want the closest search queries to match the keyword within the standalone ad group always.

However, this is ok till you are doing this to only a few keywords/ad copies that you deem
special. Ideally, it would be next to impossible if you wanna follow this approach for all keywords and ad copies. From the ease of optimization standpoint, such approach should not become a practice at all for all your keywords. It's good to create granular ad groups with keywords that share a common theme in each ad group. It's also good to use more than one version of ad copies that talk about the theme of the ad group. You might want to incorporate other best practices to make all your ad copies more compelling. Please refer to this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ankit,

The kind of structure you are talking about is called Single Keyword Per Adgroup Method (SKAG) method. Its complicated, but one of the best methods to avoid cross triggering between keywords.

Now before we move ahead I wanted to make you understand that Adwords Structures are based on themes. Themes are the thought processes which users think when they search on Google. An example - doctors is a theme. When users search doctors india, orthopaedic doctors india - these words are the thought processes or keywords for the google algorithm. An user might be looking  for a doctor for some need - which can be treatment or might be looking for some consulting or for selling some medicines or for getting a job with that doctor.

Now what really is relevant to you is very important. If your doctor only wants to show ads to people for consulting the rest of these keywords would be negative. Now why this above para holds some concern with SKAG method?

In SKAG method - you can write seperate ads per keywords by making it an adgroup. But its not possible for a person who is not well versed with Adwords to manage it effectively. But how if you can create a campaign wherein you have relevant themes as adgroups and more segregated.

I would prefer you use SKAG at the later stage of your account, when your account has some history and you can use it to improve performace on already performing keywords.

Some of the cons of SKAG method are - Impossible to manage for accounts which are very very huge. You might end up spending weeks to sort out search queries. Its a daunting task. You might have to add all other adgroup names (keywords in them) as negatives. Its a daunting task if you have 1000's of adgroups. You might end up doing it manually.

But I would prefer you create it when you have some history and numbers on the account. Create for a few converting keywords. I have seen it giving good conversions. For now look to creating tightly themed adgroups and based on them write relevant ads.

Hope I was helpful? Any questions or want to know more give a shout.

Regards,

Chetan.