AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how many times in a day, reduce or increase keyword bid ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I am running a campaign and want to know how many times in a day.

i can reduce or increase keyword bid ? Is there any negative effect on my campaign ?

Thanks

Ramesh Bhatt

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ramesh Bhatt
September 2015

Re: how many times in a day, reduce or increase keyword bid ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Ramesh,
You can find this information by segmenting your data or by using the Dimensions tab in your AdWords account.
Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
Click the Campaigns tab.
Select the campaign or ad group you'd like to see in the side panel. You can also see statistics for your entire account by clicking All online campaigns in the panel.
To see data for a specific period, click the date range menu on the top right corner of the page and select the time period you'd like to analyze.
Click the Dimensions tab.
Click the View button in the toolbar above your statistics table.
Select Time from the drop-down, then choose Day, Week, Month, etc. Your statistics table will update with time data.
For more information Go with this link,
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454008?hl=en
No, If you will change your bid according to time, There is no any impact over campaign.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ramesh,
I would like to suggest you that you can change your bid many times a day depending upon the adrank position of you ads, if it is doing well and ranking very well you can reduce you bid to maintain till top adrank is maintained and can change accordingly viceversa. there is no such negative impack on the whole campaign only that will change or affect for the bids for the particular ads you make and rank postion in the searches will change accordingly to you bid and quality score.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I do not see any issues in changing your bids for the Keywords many times but please make sure if there is a need for it.

It of-course affects your campaign performance. If you reduce your keyword bid, your Ads position goes down and also your impressions. If you increase your keyword bid, your Ads position and impressions will be more. Indirectly, it also affects your quality of leads that is coming from your current position.

I would prefer you to change the keyword bid with a purpose.
1. To acquire higher position or more impressions
2. To acquire lower position or reduce number of impressions
3. If you want to acquire better leads by trying better position.

Do not keep changing your bids position for ALL keywords everyday as it takes time for Adwords system to adjust and allocate impressions based on your current bid (this is just from my own experiment I found).

Thanks,
Balu.
http://locsea.com/googleadwordsblog/

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Ramesh,
You can find this information by segmenting your data or by using the Dimensions tab in your AdWords account.
Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
Click the Campaigns tab.
Select the campaign or ad group you'd like to see in the side panel. You can also see statistics for your entire account by clicking All online campaigns in the panel.
To see data for a specific period, click the date range menu on the top right corner of the page and select the time period you'd like to analyze.
Click the Dimensions tab.
Click the View button in the toolbar above your statistics table.
Select Time from the drop-down, then choose Day, Week, Month, etc. Your statistics table will update with time data.
For more information Go with this link,
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454008?hl=en
No, If you will change your bid according to time, There is no any impact over campaign.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ramesh,
I would like to suggest you that you can change your bid many times a day depending upon the adrank position of you ads, if it is doing well and ranking very well you can reduce you bid to maintain till top adrank is maintained and can change accordingly viceversa. there is no such negative impack on the whole campaign only that will change or affect for the bids for the particular ads you make and rank postion in the searches will change accordingly to you bid and quality score.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I do not see any issues in changing your bids for the Keywords many times but please make sure if there is a need for it.

It of-course affects your campaign performance. If you reduce your keyword bid, your Ads position goes down and also your impressions. If you increase your keyword bid, your Ads position and impressions will be more. Indirectly, it also affects your quality of leads that is coming from your current position.

I would prefer you to change the keyword bid with a purpose.
1. To acquire higher position or more impressions
2. To acquire lower position or reduce number of impressions
3. If you want to acquire better leads by trying better position.

Do not keep changing your bids position for ALL keywords everyday as it takes time for Adwords system to adjust and allocate impressions based on your current bid (this is just from my own experiment I found).

Thanks,
Balu.
http://locsea.com/googleadwordsblog/

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thanks all of you guys

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I wonder many times a day the enhanced CPC reduces or increases the bids.

For some time now I continuosly used experiments to run a 50-50 % sample to bid differently on every keywords, for example you can bid 30% more for those which have conversions while at the same time keep the initial bid for 50% of the experiment impression pool. You can notice some interesting variations by doing this.