AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how google trigger which ad to show on search network?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Can someone let me know how / what google exactly find and trigger ad on the keyword which user types on search network.

I am seeing people are searching for my keywords but the ad is apearing is different.

Like I have keyword - kids birthday party halls 

but google shows simple ad which is only birthday party halls.

Even I have created seperate ad for kids birthday party it won't triggering.

Any information,

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

Re: how google trigger which ad to show on search network?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

The simple answer is that the keyword which  results in a higher ad-rank will trigger the ad. However, there are so many  exceptions, that the number of combinations is a matrix you need a computer program to calculate the winning keyword....  In the past, the question:"which keyword would trigger the ad, if more than one keyword matched the search query"  was answered, due to the complexity, in a series of 3 (!) consecutive blog posts, 

The method, commonly used, to avoid the ad triggered by the wrong keyword  is to  avoid  "duplicate " keywords, or to use negative keyword. Other strategies would be to break keywords by match types - But I will keep that for another discussion. (Not to complicate the issue further).

Here is the modern,  simplified version, of the article I mentioned. (Read over  a cup of coffee in a quiet place...) 

How similar keywords match to search terms

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

Re: how google trigger which ad to show on search network?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

The simple answer is that the keyword which  results in a higher ad-rank will trigger the ad. However, there are so many  exceptions, that the number of combinations is a matrix you need a computer program to calculate the winning keyword....  In the past, the question:"which keyword would trigger the ad, if more than one keyword matched the search query"  was answered, due to the complexity, in a series of 3 (!) consecutive blog posts, 

The method, commonly used, to avoid the ad triggered by the wrong keyword  is to  avoid  "duplicate " keywords, or to use negative keyword. Other strategies would be to break keywords by match types - But I will keep that for another discussion. (Not to complicate the issue further).

Here is the modern,  simplified version, of the article I mentioned. (Read over  a cup of coffee in a quiet place...) 

How similar keywords match to search terms

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’