AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how google trigger which ad to show on search network?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Can someone let me know how / what google exactly find and trigger ad on the keyword which user types on search network.

I am seeing people are searching for my keywords but the ad is apearing is different.

Like I have keyword - kids birthday party halls 

but google shows simple ad which is only birthday party halls.

Even I have created seperate ad for kids birthday party it won't triggering.

Any information,

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

Re: how google trigger which ad to show on search network?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

The simple answer is that the keyword which  results in a higher ad-rank will trigger the ad. However, there are so many  exceptions, that the number of combinations is a matrix you need a computer program to calculate the winning keyword....  In the past, the question:"which keyword would trigger the ad, if more than one keyword matched the search query"  was answered, due to the complexity, in a series of 3 (!) consecutive blog posts, 

The method, commonly used, to avoid the ad triggered by the wrong keyword  is to  avoid  "duplicate " keywords, or to use negative keyword. Other strategies would be to break keywords by match types - But I will keep that for another discussion. (Not to complicate the issue further).

Here is the modern,  simplified version, of the article I mentioned. (Read over  a cup of coffee in a quiet place...) 

How similar keywords match to search terms

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’