AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how does google take data by applying schedule?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created schedule for uploading csv file of products either google will take only updated product from my url  or  overwrite all previously added products?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pooja c
September 2015

Re: how does google take data by applying schedule?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pooja

I am a little unsure what you are asking but I will try my best to answer what I believe your question to be, correct me if i am wrong.

Within Google Merchant Center you have scheduled a feed upload in your dashboard?

If this is correct, then google will fetch the feed at the time stipulated by you in this schedule.

Once "fetched" it will override any changes to the feed based on the ID value found in the new feed and add any new additions. 

For instance, ID - 123 with tile of "item 1" found in existing feed, if you make changes to this ID to say

ID - 123 with title "item 1 new" it will update the title attribute for this ID, however, all other attributes will remain the same.

Basically, as long as your ID's remain the same in all uploads, your feed will simply update any changes found in attributes relating to that ID. If you add new products, with new ID's these will be added on to the end of the feed shall we say. These will then follow suit of the forementioned process of updating.

I hope this answers your question, however, if you are still unclear, or I am mistaken on what your query is please let me know and I will try my best to assist you.

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pooja

Yes, the whole feed will update so as your items will not expire, however, no changes will be made to them unless you have altered the uploaded feed. 

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pooja

I am a little unsure what you are asking but I will try my best to answer what I believe your question to be, correct me if i am wrong.

Within Google Merchant Center you have scheduled a feed upload in your dashboard?

If this is correct, then google will fetch the feed at the time stipulated by you in this schedule.

Once "fetched" it will override any changes to the feed based on the ID value found in the new feed and add any new additions. 

For instance, ID - 123 with tile of "item 1" found in existing feed, if you make changes to this ID to say

ID - 123 with title "item 1 new" it will update the title attribute for this ID, however, all other attributes will remain the same.

Basically, as long as your ID's remain the same in all uploads, your feed will simply update any changes found in attributes relating to that ID. If you add new products, with new ID's these will be added on to the end of the feed shall we say. These will then follow suit of the forementioned process of updating.

I hope this answers your question, however, if you are still unclear, or I am mistaken on what your query is please let me know and I will try my best to assist you.

Tom Wilson

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Tom,

Yes you understand my question correctly, you meant that google only overwrite updated product data rather than updating whole sheet. Please tell either I am correct or wrong?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pooja

Yes, the whole feed will update so as your items will not expire, however, no changes will be made to them unless you have altered the uploaded feed. 

Tom Wilson

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tom Smiley Happy It works for me

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pooja,

You're very welcome, Glad its working for you,

Tom Wilson